SWMBO moving in and so it begins

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't she already know?

BathroomIsforBrewing.jpg

:D Awesome.

Some people just can't understand a joke.

Some people have their panties wound too tight. Obviously spousal abuse is a very bad thing. My mother was beat by my step dad as a kid. It almost ended badly for him........

That being said, I know the difference between a joke and the truth, and this was obviously a joke.

I totally agree. We're both like that, so rather than fight about it, we don't try to control each other. Works out great.

Done right, this is how you AVOID ever having a "SWMBO" to begin with. I've had that before, and they are all ex's.

Honestly I laugh at the usage of SWMBO. I guess I am one of the fortunate few that don't have a wife like that. She is very easygoing. Basically as long as I pay my half of the bills she's good. Sure, she would like it better if I cleaned up my messes more, and I definitely need to improve on that, but she doesn't nag me about it, or anything for that matter. :rockin:

She's moving into my townhome. So space is limited. Hence the primary in the kitchen and my secondary in the bathroom.

I think what he was saying is you lost your balls....we know she's moving into your place...be a man and tell her to STFU or GTFO! :tank:

That being said, I know the difference between a joke and the truth, and this was obviously a joke.

Problem is that the one guy who reads it and doesn't understand the joke part and figures that lot's of other people beat up on SWMBO, so it's ok. Get enough beers into someone prone to it and slap it begins. I've know folks like that, pretty sure everyone else does to.

These kinds of threads should be cut off.

Honestly I laugh at the usage of SWMBO. I guess I am one of the fortunate few that don't have a wife like that. She is very easygoing. Basically as long as I pay my half of the bills she's good. Sure, she would like it better if I cleaned up my messes more, and I definitely need to improve on that, but she doesn't nag me about it, or anything for that matter. :rockin:

I use SWMBO out of respect for the women in my life. To me it is not an indication of control but of respect. Respect for four wonderful people who are totally dependent but courageous enough to make their feelings, desires, likes and dislikes known, and tell me (their benefactor) no more kitchen brewing, the smell bothers us!

Problem is that the one guy who reads it and doesn't understand the joke part and figures that lot's of other people beat up on SWMBO, so it's ok. Get enough beers into someone prone to it and slap it begins. I've know folks like that, pretty sure everyone else does to.

Let us have no humour, then. For the good of our people.

Well then that person is a clueless bafoon. So the majority of people who know it is a joke should succumb and change for that one bafoon?

I guess that is the American way..... The majority must change to suit the needs/wants of the minority. :rolleyes:

I get your point. I just don't agree with it. :mug:

Well then that person is a clueless bafoon. So the majority of people who know it is a joke should succumb and change for that one bafoon?

I guess that is the American way..... The majority must change to suit the needs/wants of the minority. :rolleyes:

+1 ...
no one is advocating violence or abuse of anykind

No - don't change for the one idiot - change for the victim of that idiot.

On whatever level, it really isn't the least bit funny as a joke. Did you hear the one about the two . . . never mind.

I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

and I like it :mug:

I use SWMBO out of respect for the women in my life. To me it is not an indication of control but of respect. Respect for four wonderful people who are totally dependent but courageous enough to make their feelings, desires, likes and dislikes known, and tell me (their benefactor) no more kitchen brewing, the smell bothers us!

you know that if you click don't stay logged in, she can't read these posts right ;)

Has already said. "Beer in the bathroom! can't we put it in one spot?" Uh no we can't I have a system.
She just doesn't understand.

My advice, ask her to brew with you, get her hooked, then you can sit brew wherever you want!

I agree 100% Ozzie. I'm flat out sick and tired of kissing everyone elses ass and getting kicked in the nutz all day long.

. . . . Sure, she would like it better if I cleaned up my messes more, and I definitely need to improve on that, but she doesn't nag me about it, or anything for that matter. :rockin:

Haven't married long huh? JK, We've been at it 29 years and she's still putting up with me somehow, don't know how she comes up with the new disgusted faces every time.:)

I agree 100% Ozzie. I'm flat out sick and tired of kissing everyone elses ass and getting kicked in the nutz all day long.

true that man. a jokes a joke. like this one

q: what's the difference between september 11th and the oklahoma city bombing?
a: once again, foreigners prove they can do it better and more efficiently

cmon people! man up and lighten up!

. . . . . I've know folks like that, pretty sure everyone else does to. . . .

Actually, I don't know anyone like that, I don't know about anyone else here but that sort of rude behavior would not be toterated in the circles I run in. Beware, stupid people are breeding.:mug:

Problem is that the one guy who reads it and doesn't understand the joke part and figures that lot's of other people beat up on SWMBO, so it's ok.

The joke part?

When the last time you saw a "motivational poster", posted on these forums, that was anything other than a joke? :drunk:

A woman's perspective to the OP, my husband and I brew together and are quite involved in it as a mutual hobby so we are fortunate not to have conflicts over where to store the equipment. Now we just fight over what to brew next. :)

However, my guess is that she's thinking the beer in the bathroom is kind of gross. She's seeing it as something that she's eventually going to drink housed in the same place that she's going to pee and poo. Either that, or she's one of those folks who has an aversion to things being spread out all over the house. Some people have real problems with clutter and a perceived "lack" of organization. Did you actually talk to her about WHY it is in the bathroom under your system and what her objection is to having it in the bathroom?

Also, IMHO, if you take the tactic that it's "YOUR" house and she can suck it if she doesn't like it she won't be sucking much of anything for very long. If you love the girl enough to have her move in, go with the flow when some of "your" stuff starts migrating to "ours." Just help her learn to love your hobby as much as she loves you (which I hope she does if she's moving in) and pretty soon you'll have her telling you to buy MORE carboys so she can brew too.

Yeah I have to say... The thought of putting a carboy in the bathroom is kind of gross to me. Especially if you use that bathroom for bathroom stuff...

I don't even keep my toothbrush in the bathroom. The amount of poo particles flung into the air when you flush the toilet is kind of staggering. :p

I hear you bro!!

SWMBO is my BFF! We have a lot of respect for each.

At say time we obey each other. If I told her to jump of a cliff she would do it. Not because she must obey me, but because she knows that for what reason that's what needs to be done and it's what is best for both of us or I wouldn't ask. The same goes if she said to do so.

Of course after 18 years together you learn to start to think like the other one too.:eek:

Yeah I have to say... The thought of putting a carboy in the bathroom is kind of gross to me. Especially if you use that bathroom for bathroom stuff...

I don't even keep my toothbrush in the bathroom. The amount of poo particles flung into the air when you flush the toilet is kind of staggering. :p

I have to say I agree. I don't consider myself a germ freak, but keeping any food/drink equipment in the bathroom seems gross. Didn't Mythbusters prove this to be a very bad idea?

COLObrewer said:
Haven't married long huh? JK, We've been at it 29 years and she's still putting up with me somehow, don't know how she comes up with the new disgusted faces every time.:)

Married for 2. Together for 8. Of those 8 we have lived together 7 1/2.

I would do everything you can to bring her to the dark side, a brewers assistant can prove very valuable on brew day and bottle day.

I joke about punching my wife all of the time and I abhor domestic violence. I've never even considered hitting her after drinking or otherwise. That's why it's called a joke. I'm going to start an organization for People Offended by Offended People (POOP). Someone can't offend you without your consent. If your idea of standing up for women's rights and standing against domestic violence is by criticizing a (funny) joke on a home brew forum you may want to redirect your efforts.

A woman's perspective to the OP, my husband and I brew together and are quite involved in it as a mutual hobby so we are fortunate not to have conflicts over where to store the equipment. Now we just fight over what to brew next. :).

Agreed!! This hobby/addiction started as his birthday gift....and now we can't fight over where to store the equipment, its everywhere (well, not in the bathroom). I want to build a kegerator (and a fermentation chamber and buy more carboys....) for the garage and he's being the rational/cost conscience one.
Good luck to the OP!! It's tough moving in together.

:mug:
Sarah.

I want to build a kegerator (and a fermentation chamber and buy more carboys....) for the garage and he's being the rational/cost conscience one.
Good luck to the OP!! It's tough moving in together.

Maybe you should tell him to get in the kitchen and make you a sammich.

_

If you hit your wife, she's a battered wife. If you drink a home brew and hit your wife, is she a beer battered wife?

Back