SWMBO has the flicker.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beninan

Reaction score
and its pissing me off. We are at her parent's house for newyears, and watching TV.
So she decides to put on some girly crap on tv ("I didn't know I was pregnant", "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants", stuff like that), and I'm not too crazy about watching it, but I have the laptop with me so I don't argue.
Anyway, something interesting finally starts happening (woman on tv starts having a baby, blood everywhere, stuff like that), and she changes channel in the middle of the climax points. So when I finally get interested in whatever shes watching, she changes it on me. Shes done this several times so far. So now I'm getting all pissed off in my head, but I cant tell her "Oh change it back! Shes having her baby!" and make it seem like I actually care about what she was watching. Uh.....

:mad: now she finally changed it to something interesting ("Locked Up") and decided to talk on the phone with the loudest voice possible.....

beninan - it could be worse ... you could be watching the Golden Girls marathon on Lifetime. That Betty White is grrrrrr

MyNameIsPaul, a flicker is another term for tv remote.

ultravista, a couple months ago, there was a "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" marathon.....

I went and saw True Grit earlier. 12:05pm show. Home by 3pm. My wife has been watching "Pitbulls and Parollees" on the Animal Planet channel since then. Not a bad show, but its been six hours. SIX HOURS! I keep thinking they're saying "Pitbulls and Pierogies". I'd watch six hours of that without a problem.

My gf was dissapointed that there wasn't a Top gear marathon on BBCAmerica this weekend. WE went and saw True Grit together, today we watched football all day before getting dressed or anything. Last night she wanted to watch the Red Wings game instead of going out to some NYE event, and now we are watching the winter classic.....I will say that my biggest complaint is that she hogs the flicker in the summer to watch base ball....(I'm not a fan with watching it on TV, I'd rather watch it live....)

eatyerhearts out....;)

Damn Revvy!! That is your reward for helping homebrewing noobs off the ledge on a daily basis.

since I had posted that, she has eaten a half a box of cheese-it by loudly "crinkling" the inner plastic bag only during the shows, and we also played a card game with her mother, with Abba songs playing in the background, followed by whoever did the newer versions of the Abba songs. Then they talked about how great the movie Mama Mia was...

since I had posted that, she has eaten a half a box of cheese-it by loudly "crinkling" the inner plastic bag only during the shows, and we also played a card game with her mother, with Abba songs playing in the background, followed by whoever did the newer versions of the Abba songs. Then they talked about how great the movie Mama Mia was...

You do understand that this is a 'test' right?

Pass the test... Perseverance leads to patience, patience-hope, hope-character, and all that.. In the end you'll be a patient man of great character...

Pass the test!
Luke, I am your father...
:D

Did I mention my girlfriend liked True Grit? ;):D

oh revvy, you dink!

r8rphan, I've have several glasses of apfelwein, a glass of some raspberry merlot, 3 glasses of Stone IPA, and 3 glasses Sierra Nevada Celebration, so I sat back and "tolerated" it.

oh revvy, you dink!

r8rphan, I've have several glasses of apfelwein, a glass of some raspberry merlot, 3 glasses of Stone IPA, and 3 glasses Sierra Nevada Celebration, so I sat back and "tolerated" it.

Well, you 'will' persevere.. but if you pass the test, will you remember it?

Meh.. don' matter.. prolly won't care...
:rockin:

What a horrible test to have to pass. Uh... how did you study for it? : )

Would they be offended if you picked up a book and threw in some earplugs?

I think they would be amazed, as I normally don't read.

Today I spend several hours following SWMBO and her friend around while they shopped for baby clothes for an up-coming baby shower. After shopping, they asked me if I wanted to go anywhere, so I said I wanted to go to the hardware store to get some pain straining bags. As soon as we walked through the door, they both sighed and complained the whole time, "Are you done yet?" "Find what you wanted yet?" "We need to leave to meet back up with my mother.""We don't have much time."
So I left without getting anything. Afterword, we ended up going here, there, and everywhere, including her friend's parent's house, but my 2 minutes at the hardware store was a big waste of time and an inconvenience.

I think this should be the official SWMBO complaint thread.

Today I spend several hours following SWMBO and her friend around while they shopped for baby clothes for an up-coming baby shower. After shopping, they asked me if I wanted to go anywhere, so I said I wanted to go to the hardware store to get some pain straining bags. As soon as we walked through the door, they both sighed and complained the whole time, "Are you done yet?" "Find what you wanted yet?" "We need to leave to meet back up with my mother.""We don't have much time."
So I left without getting anything. Afterword, we ended up going here, there, and everywhere, including her friend's parent's house, but my 2 minutes at the hardware store was a big waste of time and an inconvenience.

Maybe you need a new GF..LOL....

I mean, we just came back from the hardware store. ;)
Her kitchen faucet was leaking, and after taking a look at it, I realzied it was 20 years old and talk here into a new one.....Now we're watching the Lion's game BEFORE I go put it in.....

OUCH!
+1 for new GF!
(mine LOVES the hardware store - "meet me over there in half an hour" ...pointing...)

Maybe you need a new GF..LOL....

OUCH!
+1 for new GF!

Lol, she has her quirks, just like all of them. But she's good to me and doesn't complain at all on how much time or money I spend in my brewing hobby. In fact, sometimes when we are at the store, she will pick out things and say "can't you use this for brewing?". She doesn't like beer, or anything alcoholic for that matter, but she always tries whatever I make because she knows it makes me happy.

I think I'll keep her around for a while.

Should have said you need to go to a sports bar instead.. Protesteth at first, they might! But in the end they have fun nibbling on wings and deep fried cheese, enjoying big screen and frosty mug.. and you are the Hero!....
:rockin:

It's supposed to be "Clicker-Flicker"

Remember when remotes had that loud spring in them that made all sorts of noise when you 'cliked' them? And you would have to cycle through all the channels to get the one you wanted, cuz the 'clicker' moved the channel selector in only one direction? And the channel selector made almost as much noise when it moved as the clicker did? and it physically turned the channel selector dial?

Man, those things were obnoxious! Glad they got rid of 'that' technology!

But I digress.. I think that's where they got the term "Clicker Flicker" from...

It's supposed to be "Clicker-Flicker"

Remember when remotes had that loud spring in them that made all sorts of noise when you 'cliked' them? And you would have to cycle through all the channels to get the one you wanted, cuz the 'clicker' moved the channel selector in only one direction? And the channel selector made almost as much noise when it moved as the clicker did? and it physically turned the channel selector dial?

Man, those things were obnoxious! Glad they got rid of 'that' technology!

But I digress.. I think that's where they got the term "Clicker Flicker" from...

I have a vague recollection of having one of these in our house.

vintage-tv-remote.jpg

I have a vague recollection of having one of these in our house.

vintage-tv-remote.jpg

That's a fancy one.. It has more than one button! LOL

When I was a kid, it was all B&W, the remote only had one button..

They were largely useless anyways, as it seems you had to get up and fuss with the fine tuning for every channel regardless...

Later my folks forked out the coin and got a 24" color console TV.. That was 'huge' for it's day... It had a remote like that..

Wow. My dad had a remote. It was me. I'd get a slap on the back of the head with some kind of instruction to change the channel or volume. Oddly enough, he also had a remote control beer fetcher....

Latest posts

Back