Sweetwater Brewing Co. - Atlanta GA!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruckin78

Reaction score
So I went on a tour at Sweetwater last night, and man was it awesome!!! HUGE conical fermenters that hold 500bbls!!! :rockin::rockin::rockin:

Those pics are on my digital camera, I will get them up later. But here are some pics from my phone!
69327_157212570980892_100000764518494_238397_4057598_n.jpg

From the Dank Tank. A one time special release beer, that only gets served at the Brewery and Locally. This was Border Hopper Ale! A super hoppy IPA with Citrus notes!
71906_157218004313682_100000764518494_238407_5175016_n.jpg

$8 gets you a pint glass (you keep) and 6 tickets to fill it up!!! Awesome!

Ill get some pics of the brewery up when I get home!

And continuing with my North GA beer tour! The last weekend of Oktoberfest in Helen Ga today!! I'll get some pics of that also!!

I lived in Atlanta for 3 months, I must have gone there 10 times. It is really a great place. If you have time, stop by Terrapin for a tour. I think it's a better tour but be sure to bring a DD, they give you a LOT to drink.

I lived in Atlanta for 6 years and spent a great deal of time there. They've really stepped up. I remember when the bar wasn't even there, everyone just hung out in the back. It used to be 3 hours long too until the surrounding bars started to complain that SW was stealing all their happy hour business. If they ever brew their Happy Ending RIS again, you gotta try it.. Hoppy as hell.

I just move from atlanta, and miss me some sweetwater, their Happy Ending and Festive Ale are my two favorites.

Happy Ending is the best thing they make in my opinion. I look forward to it all year. The Festive is great too. It was one of the first craft beers I really go into.

Great brewery. I grew up in ATL, and have enjoyed Sweetwater's beer since I've been drinking. I actually had 420 at my wedding.

Back