Swap-O-Rama #5, The fall harvest...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think, more importantly, we are going to beat the total views as well. The more we get this advertised the busier TheMan will be setting up multiple threads :D

absoluthamm said:
Don't worry, I never forget feedback. I just wanted to try a couple before I did so I could add that into the comments.
I was just pulling your leg man. I'll be excited to get rid of my zero. :)

Keep breaking his balls and you'll get a negative rating ;)

Looking forward to my recipient getting my package tomorrow.

aeviaanah said:
W'hooo!!! I got my package and I have to say wow!!! A tap handle I was so stoked to see this! I've been looking on craigslist for one but didn't want to spend the money!!! Awesome! I also got a glass from madtree brewing company which I'm currently drinking my ipa out of! I was stoked to see a few founders beers, west sixth, 3 Floyd's and clown shoes!! See below for the full list! Thanks whoever sent me this!

Hoppin frog frogs hollow double pumpkin
3 Floyd's razor hoof saison
Revolution a little crazy Belgian pale
Farmhouse hatter ipa
(2) Founders double trouble Founders breakfast stout
(2) clown shoes hoppy feet
(2) Fat heads head hunter
(2) madtree psychopathy pale
(2) Jackie os ipa
(2) west sixth ipa

After a long hard day this really makes me smile! Thanks again! I'm digging the tap handle I installed it before I even opened the rest of the package... Never had a tap handle on my new kegerator. It's the small things in life right?

NeVer heard of madtree can someone give me some info on this? Oh and to everyone else...do I have to drink the breakfast stout for breakfast??

Glad you liked it all! MadTree is a local Cincinnati brewery that opened this year. They make some good beer. Hope you like the rest. Enjoy the tap handle!

two_hearted said:
Glad you liked it all! MadTree is a local Cincinnati brewery that opened this year. They make some good beer. Hope you like the rest. Enjoy the tap handle!
yea man hella nice!!! I'll leave I trader feedback this weekend

I'm definitely trying to get into the next Swap. Looks like everyone got some great stuff. So my question is- what is first on everyone's drink list?

#1 for me tonight is Founder's Harvest Ale. Big fan of the wet hops.

I'm definitely trying to get into the next Swap. Looks like everyone got some great stuff. So my question is- what is first on everyone's drink list?

#1 for me tonight is Founder's Harvest Ale. Big fan of the wet hops.

I have a bottle of Good Gourd I'm going to delve into tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to light up a Java box pressed espresso steeped cigar and compare KBS to BCBS
Good times to be had :mug:

BeerMeDuffMan said:
I have a bottle of Good Gourd I'm going to delve into tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to light up a Java box pressed espresso steeped cigar and compare KBS to BCBS Good times to be head :mug:

Very nice.

This week is like Christmas. Got a buddy driving through Buffalo NY, so having him pick me up some stuff:

Caldera Hop Hash
Elysian Dragonstooth
Elysian Oddland Peppercorn Saison
Elysian Manic Series IPA
Ithaca Flower Power
Ithaca Cascazilla
Maine Beer Co. Mean Old Tom
Maine Beer Co. Peeper Ale
Maine Beer Co. Zoe
Main Beer Co. King Titus
New England Brewing 668 The Neighbor of the Beast
New England Brewing Wet Willy
Troegs JavaHead Stout
Troegs HopBack
Weyerbacher Double Simcoe
Weyerbacher Blithering Idiot
Weyerbacher Last Chance IPA

The nice guy at the liquor store let me pay by card over the phone, lol. It's like a supersized trade without having to pay for shipping.

This week is like Christmas. Got a buddy driving through Buffalo NY, so having him pick me up some stuff:

Caldera Hop Hash
Elysian Dragonstooth
Elysian Oddland Peppercorn Saison
Elysian Manic Series IPA
Ithaca Flower Power
Ithaca Cascazilla
Maine Beer Co. Mean Old Tom
Maine Beer Co. Peeper Ale
Maine Beer Co. Zoe
Main Beer Co. King Titus
New England Brewing 668 The Neighbor of the Beast
New England Brewing Wet Willy
Troegs JavaHead Stout
Troegs HopBack
Weyerbacher Double Simcoe
Weyerbacher Blithering Idiot
Weyerbacher Last Chance IPA

The nice guy at the liquor store let me pay by card over the phone, lol

You missed Mad Elf, man...the large format bottles were released a few weeks ago. Probably my favorite local winter seasonal and excellent with age.
See if you can also get Perpetual IPA from Troegs, too.
Don't get all of it though, I need something to trade you for Pipeworks lol

absoluthamm said:
This week is like Christmas. Got a buddy driving through Buffalo NY, so having him pick me up some stuff: Caldera Hop Hash Elysian Dragonstooth Elysian Oddland Peppercorn Saison Elysian Manic Series IPA Ithaca Flower Power Ithaca Cascazilla Maine Beer Co. Mean Old Tom Maine Beer Co. Peeper Ale Maine Beer Co. Zoe Main Beer Co. King Titus New England Brewing 668 The Neighbor of the Beast New England Brewing Wet Willy Troegs JavaHead Stout Troegs HopBack Weyerbacher Double Simcoe Weyerbacher Blithering Idiot Weyerbacher Last Chance IPA The nice guy at the liquor store let me pay by card over the phone, lol. It's like a supersized trade without having to pay for shipping.

Maine Beer Co is great. I've had lunch, mo and Zoe. All great brews. Nice haul.

You missed Mad Elf, man...the large format bottles were released a few weeks ago. Probably my favorite local winter seasonal and excellent with age.

I intended to send Hamm a Mad Elf but alas there was none. Instead he got Nugget Nectar.

fernsanity said:
I'm definitely trying to get into the next Swap. Looks like everyone got some great stuff. So my question is- what is first on everyone's drink list? #1 for me tonight is Founder's Harvest Ale. Big fan of the wet hops.

I'm hoping to get a package today, but if not I'm going to get into some of the Pipeworks Abduction stouts. Probably go with the cherry truffle and coffee break. Apparently today is national stout day (according to Untappd) so I gotta go for a badge.

I'm hoping to get a package today, but if not I'm going to get into some of the Pipeworks Abduction stouts. Probably go with the cherry truffle and coffee break. Apparently today is national stout day (according to Untappd) so I gotta go for a badge.

Oo I did not know that! I was hoping to age that Cutter Empire Stout, so I'll go with maybe an aged WWS from DFH before Good Gourd.

Thx for the tip!
Hate missing untappd badges lol.

Might have to crack that Udder Love tnite!

I didn't see the MadElf, trying to switch it now instead of the Hopback(Edit: got it switched, boom). I have had Perpetual and Troegenatorquite a few times, and they are really good.

Maine Beer Co is great. I've had lunch, mo and Zoe. All great brews. Nice haul.
I've had all except Lunch, and that one wasn't available here either. And they are great.
I intended to send Hamm a Mad Elf but alas there was none. Instead he got Nugget Nectar.
No problem, love the Nectar and they didn't have it here otherwise I would have had another 6pack coming my way.

All in all, I was just bummed that they were out of GhandiBot, it was listed on the site but they didn't have it in...

Johnnyhitch1 said:
Thx for the tip! Hate missing untappd badges lol. Might have to crack that Udder Love tnite!

New badge? That changes things for sure. FBS gets thrown in the mix now.

Thanks Mike! I'm off in a couple hours and will post pics then.

ForumRunner_20131108_095023.jpg

Is there another app you use?

I've used Pintley as well, but have my gripes with that too. It's pretty much the same concept as Untappd.

Really, as far as finding beers, my go to app on my phone is usually Ratebeer just because there are quite a few places in my area that keep their pages updated on them as far as what they've got in stock. Also Beermenus.com, but they don't have an app

absoluthamm said:
I've used Pintley as well, but have my gripes with that too. It's pretty much the same concept as Untappd. Really, as far as finding beers, my go to app on my phone is usually Ratebeer just because there are quite a few places in my area that keep their pages updated on them as far as what they've got in stock. Also Beermenus.com, but they don't have an app

Yeah a beermenus app would be nice. Ever use The Beer Fridge? It looked similar to untappd IMO but I haven't messed with it too much.

Two boxes? TWO!
That's got to be close to what...three gallons of beer?

3 gallons of beer is about 320 sips of beer.

If you drink one beer per hour that's about 32 hours of epic drinking.

Sweet mother of God math was never this fun! They should of explained it to us this way in school

Yeah a beermenus app would be nice. Ever use The Beer Fridge? It looked similar to untappd IMO but I haven't messed with it too much.

I had seen something about the Beer Fridge, but never used it, might look into that right now.

I also remember about seeing something about Beer Cellar, but can't remember anything off hand.

I just don't like Untappd because you can't backlog what you've had.

Do you mean look back at check-ins of a certain beer?

Go to said beers check in page and click YOUR "unique check in" # (# all the way to the right)

JUst had king henry for the second time and went back to view the first check (2 years ago) in by clicking on my "unique check in" "1"

For IPAs that i have multiple checkins it will show me each check-in also.

They have a mobile site platform that behaves like an app.

Back