surprise purchase coming

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulshine2

Reaction score
Last night my wife and I are chilling on the couch watching tv before bed and we hear the UPS truck drive up and leave something at the door. I asked what it could be ,because I hadnt ordered anything.
She says "I ordered stuff, it might be your thing you wanted"
...Im like "what "thing" are you referring to?"
"You know, that glass thing you wanted for making beer, you had it in the order basket, so I ordered it for you the other day"
"The 7 gallon Fermonster??"
"yeah I think thats what it was ,I dont know"

thats not what it was. Turns out it was an order of ferret food .
But still, I checked my Amazon orders this morning, I should have a new Fermonster by next week sometime.

"Honey, I ordered that ferret food you've always wanted..."

215px-Debbie_Downer.PNG

I just hope you have ferrets. If not that’s your surprise right there.
we do . we rescued them last fall. one has cancer . wasnt expected to live past 2 or 3 months and shes still hanging on 9 months later.
but seriously and back to my OP...I really am getting a fermonster .It shipped yesterday.

Fermonsters are great. The only issue I can think of is that, since the stopper makes so little contact with the lid, rigging up a blowoff can be tricky. It may want to pull to the side and make the stopper go a little crooked and ruin the seal. But if that happens it's nothing a little painter's tape won't solve. It's plenty strong to hold the stopper in place and comes off easily and clean.

we do . we rescued them last fall. one has cancer . wasnt expected to live past 2 or 3 months and shes still hanging on 9 months later.
but seriously and back to my OP...I really am getting a fermonster .It shipped yesterday.
Awesome wife you have and you'll love the Fermonster. If you don't already have a Fermonster just know that you do not need to crank down on the lid. Just finger tight will seal it and even then it's gonna be had to remove by hand.

Awesome wife you have and you'll love the Fermonster. If you don't already have a Fermonster just know that you do not need to crank down on the lid. Just finger tight will seal it and even then it's gonna be had to remove by hand.
I currently use glass carboys - a 5 and a 6 gallon. After seeing a few posts about the injuries some have had after dropping theirs I started looking into something safer and lighter. I picked the one with the spigot so I can try getting away from a racking cane.
Thanks for the advice on the lid. I was going to get the big mouth bubbler at first then read the reviews ,most pointed out the lid wouldnt seal properly and either had to deal with that or returned it.
yes, I certainly do have an awesome wife,in so many ways. I picked much better the second time.
47107120_10217851636349526_128019768069324800_n.jpg

I will refrain from comments on Bama supporters and first cousins … it's too crude. :)
I didn't grow up here. 50 yr native Midwesterner transfer 2 yrs ago...
and whoever you care to support is your own business, SEC football is king down here. Youre either for Bama or Auburn...its serious . Likened to Cubs vs Sox(or St Louis), Bears vs Packers.

... and your wife doesn't look like she could be your cousin ... though she does look like an Auburn fan

Last edited:
I had a ferret once. Very smelly/musky animal. Wouldn't do that again. Nice pet though. It loved to hide down inside the couch.
Wife had ferrets before. Ours have a light scent but nothing overpowering. They smell like fritos,and someone said their tails smell like grape soda, sure enough...They do get a monthly swim in the tub .funny little animals. Id have them again .

Fritos and grape soda! I lol'd!
fritos, like dog feet. but yeah, the ferret pages shes on someone mentioned the grape soda tail scent ...well ,you know when you hear something like that you're gonna think a minute then go ,ok I gotta check...sniff sniff, grape frickin soda .
btw, this arrived yesterday . I was on my way home from work and I passed the UPS man going the other way about 1/4 mile from the house.
66582563_10219633429053230_4845995738762575872_n.jpg

Back