Surely I'm due for an infection or disaster: first AG brew day, everything went right

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heyjaffy

Reaction score
After brewing 11 extract or partial mash brews since January, I decided to try my hand at all grain and assembled the necessary parts over the last several weeks in the form of a 5 and 10 gallon home depot cooler, assorted stainless steel bits and pieces from bargainfittings.com and a stainless steel braid. I ordered up a few AG kits from AHS and tried my hand at the AHS Apocalypso today.

Everything seemed to go exactly as planned - I hit my temps spot on, the coolers held temps within a degree, and post-boil volume was spot on and OG exactly right according to the recipe. I haven't had extract brews go this well!

I'm fully expecting an infection or some anomaly to occur at this point to make up for the perfect brew day....

If you've brewed 11 extract/PM brews this year and been reading on this site, there really is no reason why things shouldn't have gone well. Adequate preparation, excellent information, great beer.

Good work, sir.

L

I'm going on 106 brews since I last dumped a batch. That doesn't include many batches of cider (none of which have been bad).

Back