SuperJuice - a menace in Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow..... really??? :drunk: Look, prohibition still works! And by "works" I mean it gives criminals a great way to make money by doing something as easy as fermenting sugar water.

That article reminds me of the movie Reefer Madness.

The main ingredient is SuperYeast, a fast-acting yeast available in home-brewing stores. Mixed in a pail with sugar and water, one pouch can make 25 litres of superjuice in just a couple of days. The standard price of a two-litre bottle of superjuice is $80.

People drunk on superjuice are prone to violence, wild emotional outbursts, suicidal thoughts and frequent blackouts, Wood said. "With regular alcohol you can know what you are doing up to a point, but with superjuice you can't control yourself," he said.

Many teens drink the brew after it has been fermenting just one day and become violently ill, Wood said.

"A lot of the times you can hear them screaming in the police holding cells (because) the stuff is still fermenting in their stomach," he said. "It keeps them drunk too because it is still in their system and still cooking. A lot of the time we have to detain these kids a little bit longer because they can stay drunk for so long."

ahahhahahhhahahahahahahaah

Wow.....

Just wow

I wonder how they control the fermentation temperature in their stomach ? it must be the temperature control making them scream.

This sounds alot like the mix I used to produce co2 for my aquarium....If anyone cares it tastes like crap.

"The standard price of a two-litre bottle of superjuice is $80."

I need to get into the superjuice business

Well in terms of Ethanol, you'll never get anywhere near a distillate so I guess I am missing the point. You can reflux alcohol until your percentage abv gets very high, and with a standard fermented beverage you top out at what %25 or something? That's 50 proof, right? Two liters, $80. I can get 3 bottles of 150 proof Stolichnya for that.

This has to be a joke? Wow. Is this source taken seriously in Canada?

I know alcohol is taxed VERY high in Canada, but wow.

+1 on getting into the superjuice business, way easier and more profitable than beer (fusels? esters? temp control? starters? who caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaares!)

I know alcohol is taxed VERY high in Canada, but wow.

From what I gathered from the article is there are few Canadian-Indian reservations that are supposed to be dry and its hard to smuggle alcohol in, but a packet of yeast is easy, hence superjuice

coming up next on cnews, the growing threat of a home brewed menace from the United States. Apfelwein. We will try to expose this dangerous brew phenomenon and the mastermind who came up with it.

Back