Super Glassware Score

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mose

Reaction score
I found these on Craigslist this weekend. I got 10 of the mug on the left, 6 of the one in the middle and 12 of the Maudite on the right all for $25.

3 glasses.jpg

The guy has more than 48 more of the tulip/wine type from Unibroue. I'm thinking I might pick them up anyway and give them away as gifts and sell a few but I haven't figured out what they would be worth.

Here is a close up of the mug and the back of the tulip. Needless to say I am very pumped about the find.

Mug.jpg

Unibroue.jpg

I didn't realize what I was getting at first. I went to pick them up and he had a lot more. I'm trying to secure another 48 or more Unibroue tulips and 12 Samuel Smith Pints. I'll probably end up selling most to fund the brew build, or trading them off, keeping a healthy sample for myself of course. :mug:

What is the volume on the Weihenstephan mugs?

They're the .5L size. It's etched on the back side at the top of the dimpled pattern. That leaves about 3/4in for the head, there abouts. Very heavy.

Apparently the guy had a place that specialized in high end beer and good wine. They closed it and he is emptying out his basement and garage for stuff that didn't go in the sale of the place.

Yeah, that's a great score. I would love to have those Weihenstephan glasses or the Samuel Smith pints you mentioned. I'm very jealous.

Where in VA are you? I might be interested in a few of the glasses if you end up with too many :D

Close enough to you to make sure you get a couple if I get to many...I'm up in Roanoke.:mug:

Back