Super Auto Bottle filler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenbasterd

Reaction score
has anybody ever heard of one of these things? i got one for free yesterday along with a bunch of other goodies!!!! woohooo

anyway i got a funky looking thing called the SUPER auto bottle filler.
http://www.buonvino.com/P_BotFill.shtml
has anybody ever used one of these? is it worth using? sounds kinda silly, and i don't like my beer/wine entering a dark chamber of death i cant see inside of.

but interested in anybody's opinion on it!!

I've looked at them with great interest and I know that some people do use them for bottling beer. I have not been able to find anyone to comment on how well they work with carbed beer though.

"The specially designed tapered tip cascades wine into the bottle."

OK for wine but not exactly how you want to fill your bottles with beer. ;)

good points, i don't see it making anything easier except the fact you don't have to hold it. i thinik ill stick to my bottling wand.

Possibly because adding an extension would break the "auto-fill" functionality? (just guessing)

Possibly because adding an extension would break the "auto-fill" functionality? (just guessing)

Not having seen/used one, I can't comment for sure, but my instinct tells me that that would not be the case. I imagine the auto shutoff mechanism is in the top piece (obviously), separate from the fill tube and probably part of the over fill mechanism.

They have those at the LHBS. I'll see if I can check it out of curiosity the next time I go there.

Edit: I took a look at some pictures on the net and it seems you're right. Apparently, as the level of the fluid raises, it pushes up on the pin in the center of the filling tube (also used to spread the liquid so that it runs down the sides of the bottle) and it eventually stops the flow.

after about 4-6 wine bottles, you just leave it on the 1st bottle and fill the rest one at a time because its easier. After 2-3 batches you just stop using it.

the Ferrari auto filler one does one bottle at a time but is actually faster

I use one in conjunction with a vacuum pump for bottling wine. Works great, stops at the desired fill level and does not waste much at all.

Back