Summer's over

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Born Brewing Co.

Reaction score
We'll, in my mind summer is over. I teach middle school in the western suburbs in Illinois. Football started today, and school starts next week. I know, I know, most of you have been working all summer and don't feel my pain. I love teaching and coaching so pain is the wrong word, I'm just pained that the brewery hours will be shortened now. Any other teachers out here? I suppose a lesson on fermentation would be inappropriate for middle school students ;)

Born Brewing Co. said:
We'll, in my mind summer is over. I teach middle school in the western suburbs in Illinois. Football started today, and school starts next week. I know, I know, most of you have been working all summer and don't feel my pain.
I feel your pain man, but one of mine started back to school today, so...HOORAY! :)

Born Brewing Co. said:
I suppose a lesson on fermentation would be inappropriate for middle school students ;)

It wouldn't be inappropriate if you used it as a chemistry lesson. Of course, that's just my opinion, you never know what certain parents would think.

Oh man, my brew time is about to double, at least. The heat has really killed my motivation to brew!

Sorry to hear you have to go back to work. As Oscar Wilde (supposedly) said: "Work is the curse of the drinking class." :D

Sam75 said:
Oh man, my brew time is about to double, at least. The heat has really killed my motivation to brew!

Sorry to hear you have to go back to work. As Oscar Wilde (supposedly) said: "Work is the curse of the drinking class." :D

Me too. I'm about to start a brewing marathon. I have to get a stout, a Gravedigger and a LWPA done in the next 2 weeks. My poor luck.... :D

As for summer ending--mine is just beginning. Found out today my wife is coming home from Afghanistan a month early. Circumstances for her coming back early aren't the greatest (emergency leave for her step-father), but I'll be glad to have her back.

Back