Suggestions of my next brew...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geneticjim

Reaction score
I enjoy IPAs and so does my better half... I have a black IPA and a citra IPA fermenting now... Once those are done I want to start another batch... She likes hippy and not so dark beer. I like just about everything but no rye....

I like brewing an Irish red when not brewing my normal IPA's. I have the Raging Red from the recipes section in the fermenter now. First time trying this one. I put up a Smithwicks clone in the recipes that I've made many times that's simple and real good.

An amber ale of hefeweizen sounds pretty good! That is for the idea....

My wife is the same way. She is an IPA lady dyed in the wool. She tolerates the other styles, but never shows much enthusiasm unless it is super hoppy and preferably less than amber. The only thing that I've made that got any interest besides IPA was an oktoberfest lager.

Make an English Style Barleywine, with lots of Maris Otter, but hop it up to American Style Barleywine level IBUs

Make an English Style Barleywine, with lots of Maris Otter, but hop it up to American Style Barleywine level IBUs

I'm not sure I'm ready for barley wine yet....

I talked with my wife... She likes the idea of a Heffewizen.

Lol,

I just kegged my black IPA. Now the wait for the force carb to finish. I did put the CO2 in while the keg was laying in its side with the gas in at the lowest point. I also gingerly rolled the keg.

This may not seem like a big deal but it's my first kegged batch, and my 2 batch total. Lol

I do have a Citra IPA fermenting right now. This is getting addicting!

How about an apricot ale? Northern Brewer has a Pro Series kit version of Dry Dock Brewing Company's Apricot Blonde that is delicious. It's got a bitterness from the three pounds of real apricot puree that hop heads love, but it's also something that non-hop heads enjoy as well thanks to the fruity refreshingness. The recipe is posted online, so you can buy the ingredients locally if you wish.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/documentation/allgrain/AG-ParagonApricotBlonde_Pro_DryDock.pdf

Latest posts

Back