Suggestions for stand coating

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaimeTheLimey

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Finally getting around to coating my single tier. Been through a lot of threads and haven't really found any long term info on their coatings.

I was originally looking at high temp ceramic, but I talked to a guy today that said it's not made for direct flame and it may not hold up closest to the burners. Also it's not really rated for food grade.

He suggested porcelain coating like they use on old school appliances.

Any of you guys have experience with either of these? How did they hold up in the long run?

TIA

I did some research after building my single tier stand. You are going to drop some serious cash on any kind of true heat coating. I ended up buying high heat rattle paint and it has held up fine. If it gets scratched, I just touch it up. I had quotes over $600 for high heat ceramic coatings.

I did some research after building my single tier stand. You are going to drop some serious cash on any kind of true heat coating. I ended up buying high heat rattle paint and it has held up fine. If it gets scratched, I just touch it up. I had quotes over $600 for high heat ceramic coatings.
Like high temp BBQ/Fireplace spay paint? Did you prime the stand at all first?
I may just go this route in that case. I did have one guy that was going to do ceramic for me for about $350 which didn't seem too bad but he stopped doing ceramic altogether.

I used rustoleum, high temp. Works fine on everything but the boil level the 10 gallon pot pushed heat to the outside and turned it black.

High heat on the top and the legs and cross braces got truck bed coating. Plan on touching up the high temps stuff often if you are anal.

I used the rustoleum as well and it works quite well even where I have the flame from burner really close to the part. Holds quite well

Back