Suggestions for my first split batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZebulonBrewer

Reaction score
When I bought by 10.5 gallon kettle on Black Friday (welded fitting and gallon markings for ~$80 whooooo), one of my goals was to be able to do roughly any strength 5 gallon BIAB, and have the capability for some dual 3-3.5 gallon batches that I could split certain factors, or experiment with techniques and ingredients.

I've done five AG batches now since then (two AG NB kits, a SMaSH Columbus IPA, a Schwarzbier, and at this moment I am brewing a Munich Helles). I'm getting comfortable with it, which I like.

My question is this: does anyone have a tried-and-true split batch that they love. I did the Jalapeno Cream Ale recipe on here last year, and was thinking of doing a straight cream ale, with half going jalapeno, and the other half maybe a regular cream ale, or with cold brewed coffee. Or a pale ale, where one half gets fruit, and the other half gets a huge dry hop.

I'm open to suggestions, so fire away!

Back