Suggest Me a Beer for My Wedding

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffersonJ

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm getting married in September. I just bought a 100-year old house a couple months ago. Needless to say, I'm swamped and low on cash right now. I haven't brewed anything in about 6-7 months.

Anyway, we planned to have a non-traditional toast at our wedding and I offered to make two 5-gallon batches of homebrew for the occasion. I'm running out of time, since I need to make two of them!

My mission for you: Suggest me a partial mash recipe that is distinct, but enjoyed by the masses. Most of my friends/family aren't Bud Light drinkers, but also aren't regular DIPA and Imperial Stout drinkers either - somewhere in the middle. Also, I'm limited to ales or steam beers at this point. The fiance is pushing me to make something with fruit, but I can overrule her on all things beer!

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone. I've given it to people who don't drink craft brews and they loved it.

I think it's kinda like the North Star of the brewing world, personally...

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone. I've given it to people who don't drink craft brews and they loved it.

I thought about that and am definitely considering it. My only concern is that it is a little too generic (you know, she wants everything to be unique at the wedding - it's driving my crazy). I'd also have to make sure that the venue doesn't serve the real Sierra Nevada that night!

hm...

How about the honey chamomile wheat that's available here? I just made it and it is YUUUMMMY.

on the plus side, i see you are in AL and I would imagine it's still rather warm there in sept. so this would really hit the spot.

if you're making two batches, I would make one straight up, and make the other maybe with blueberry or something (and perhaps remove the chamomile)

The recipe was originally from the founder of Dog Fish Head's book....extreme brews I think?

Pawn put it up there, he might be able to help you with any conversions

I just got married May 14th, and I brewed a Kolsch for my wedding. We didn't serve it at the wedding, but gave away beer glasses and "wedding ale" to the guests as giveaways.

Anyways, a kolsch is a beer that can be appreciated by bud drinkers and craft beer lovers alike. Just a thought!

1st off congrats on tying the knot! I just did this myself a few weeks ago. Here is my link if you want to read about it... https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/just-married-247206/

My homebrews were a ramped up PTE clone and my lilac orange wildflower honey wheat. There was none left!

If it was me I would try a PTE clone, a orange wheat beer and a "yellow fizzy".

GL!

Do something like a Belgium Wit (think Blue Moon). Its a simple enough beer to please a lot of people, but complex enough to be interesting.

Do a 15% Barley Wine.

Seriously, a beer with a quick turnaround an mass appeal is Orfy's Mild. I would recommend making it as soon as 3 weeks before the wedding (10 days fermentation and 11 days in the bottle is perfectly fine). It's great fresh!

Latest posts

Back