SUGAR AND PITCHING RATE

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lele

Reaction score
Greetings from Italy :)
If I put the sugar after the beginning of the fermentation, in order to know the correct yeast pitching rate, I have to calcolate it taking into account the OG without sugar or with sugar?
For example: if I begin the fermentation with a OG of 1060 and after 2 days I want to put the sugar in the fermenter in order to rise the OG until 1072, what is the correct yeast pitching rate? That one calculated with OG 1060 or that one with 1072?
I hope I’m making myself clear, sorry for my English :(

Greetings from Italy :)
If I put the sugar after the beginning of the fermentation, in order to know the correct yeast pitching rate, I have to calcolate it taking into account the OG without sugar or with sugar?
For example: if I begin the fermentation with a OG of 1060 and after 2 days I want to put the sugar in the fermenter in order to rise the OG until 1072, what is the correct yeast pitching rate? That one calculated with OG 1060 or that one with 1072?
I hope I’m making myself clear, sorry for my English :(

1.060. The yeast will have reach maximum cell density by then and pitching rate will be irrelevant. Pitch to the starting gravity.

Back