Successful boil/chill test!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgray58

Reaction score
Just finished a successful test of my almost complete boil/chill setup in my garage. I am using a DIY keggle (polished of course), turkey fryer burner, DIY dual/parallel coil immersion chiller with 25' 3/8" copper tubing for each coil, submersible fountain pump, bucket and ice. My well water is running at 65 degrees which I directed into the bucket and pumped through the chiller. Stirred the boiled water and when temp drop rate drastically slowed I dumped the ice in the bucket. When the chiller discharge reached close to wellwater temp, I diverted into the bucket and shut off the wellwater (water conservation). Total time from boil to 65 degrees - 16 minutes. :ban:

Currently awaiting delivery of my weldless bulkhead kit to finish out the keggle. Digital temp controller installed and working in garage refrigerator. Have to install new garage doors this weekend (no - not being done just to brew) and plan to install some free kitchen cabinetry and sink I have sitting around. Then run by my local home brew store (The Weekend Brewer, Chester VA) to pick up a brew kit and extract and off I go! Wish me luck! :mug:

Back