Styles that lodo doesn’t serve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MHBT

Reaction score
I brew 90% lager mostly pils thats why i adopted lodo brewing methods the other 10% consists of a stout here or a belgian there a annual sour beer maybe a ipa for friends, what are some beer styles if there is any that lodo brewing methods does not serve and better off using more common brewing methods?

Probably only the styles that have some oxygen damage, er "aged character" built in but I'm suspect of even that because there may be a difference in prefermentation and post ferment oxidation reactions. Old Ale, barrel aged stouts and barleywines all have sherry/vinous stuff going on but I'm not clear if any of those flavors can come from HSA or if it has to be oxygen that slowly gets in during long aging periods. Certainly beers with no late hopping and higher alcohol levels are going to come across as less "ruined".

Maybe the question can be twisted a bit to "are there any beer styles that are negatively affected by LODO techniques?"

Latest posts

Back