Stupid People, Stupid Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fujieagle

Reaction score
Okay, this really ticks me off. I wear glasses. Why the F^%$ do people ask me, " hey man, why do you wear glasses?" It seems to me that it should be pretty dam self explainatory. Are people really that stupid that they can't figure out if a person has glasses on they must need them to see? I am asked this question all the time. When I respond to them that I have poor eye sight and need them to see, they always seem somewhat surprised. What is the most stupid question that you all get asked regularly?

Okay, this really ticks me off. I wear glasses. Why the F^%$ do people ask me, " hey man, why do you wear glasses?" It seems to me that it should be pretty dam self explainatory. Are people really that stupid that they can't figure out if a person has glasses on they must need them to see? I am asked this question all the time. When I respond to them that I have poor eye sight and need them to see, they always seem somewhat surprised. What is the most stupid question that you all get asked regularly?

When someone asks me why I wear glasses, I just tell them the old wives tale is true about going blind and I stopped just in time. :rockin:

Remember the old Bill Engvall bits, "There's your sign"?

A couple of weeks ago Bob and I were taking things out of the truck- kayaks, fishing rods, backpacks, a tacklebox, at a bay in the Gulf of Mexico. As I lifted up my net to put in the kayak, an older gentleman walking his dog stopped and watched. He said, "Going fishing?"

Um, no. We're just taking all of our fishing gear for a ride. It doesn't get out much.

I'm just a white guy who lives in a predominantly white area. I also happen to have a hispanic last name. When people find out what my last name is, I often get the question, "So, what are you?"

I know what they're asking, so I answer, "I'm a ****ing American, what the **** are you?" I don't mind people asking out of curiosity, but there's a polite way to do it, and an ignorant way.

Maybe you've got some funky-looking specs? They might be wondering why you don't wear contacts just so you won't look like such a goober.

(evil grin here)

I ride a motorcylce, and when I pull up to work in it I'm often asked, "wow! Is that yours?"

Nope. Just found it it the alley. Looked fun. Here's your sign.

I used to ride a motorcycle, and remember getting the question - do you ride a motorcycle? When seen carrying my helmet. "No, I just fall down a lot. "

fujieagle said:

Are you sure they aren't asking looking to get an answer like "near sighted" "far sighted" "astigmatism"? I also know two people that wear glasses with no-script lenses just for looks.

I always think of the quote "think of your average person. half of them are dumber then that."

This one when the wife of a friend found out I brew beer: "can you teach me to like beer?"

'Nuff said!

Thug (holding up bowling ball): "What the f*ck is this?"

Dude: "Obviously, you're not a golfer."

Stupid carpet pissers....

Being in law enfrcement, I occasionally have to close entire roadways. Usually during rush hour on the busiest streets. My car parked perpendicular to the roadway, blocking all lanes of traffic, and several road flares going. I can't tell you how many times I've been asked "Is the road closed?" Are you F#$% kidding me. How did you get a license?

While servicing an ATM with tools and parts all over the place and an orange cone blocking the lane ...

1)"Is the ATM broke?" No, I was bored and thought I would just remove all the parts and swap them around.

2)"So I can't use it?".... Sure, go ahead. These things are designed to work without all the parts installed.

3)"Are you giving out free samples?"....No but if I had a dollar for every wise guy that said that line I wouldn't be here working.

I work in customer service for a utility company.
you have no idea how stupid people can be.

"why is my bill high?" because you keep your thermostat at 80-90 degrees when its below freezing outside.

"But im not doing anything different than i did last month." no, but the atmosphere is. hence why people are not wearing shorts right now.

"Why did you disconnect my power?, I made a payment" sorry, but a 50 dollar payment on the 23rd is a bit shy of the 300 we needed by the 12th.

ect, ect, ect.

Last night, SWMBO walked outside to find me squatting down next to the tire on her truck, air compressor at my side. When I came back in the house, she asked me "Did you take care of my tires?" :confused::confused: "Nope, just wanted to show the compressor where the air is supposed to go! Here's your sign."

I'm a FireFighter in the same town I grew up in..( over 25 years) I wear a uniform at work...like all firemen and cops... its amazing when we roll into the grocery store with 3 dudes, in uniforms, Just like we did 3 days ago, and yes we were driving the BRT (big red truck) here comes the question......Hi Jeff, You workin today? hahahhaa even better, in the middle of summer..wearing shorts and sleeveless shirt ( cause the store makes me! haha) buying beer and ice...here it comes....Hi Jeff..You workin today?

I'm a FireFighter in the same town I grew up in..( over 25 years) I wear a uniform at work...like all firemen and cops... its amazing when we roll into the grocery store with 3 dudes, in uniforms, Just like we did 3 days ago, and yes we were driving the BRT (big red truck) here comes the question......Hi Jeff, You workin today? hahahhaa even better, in the middle of summer..wearing shorts and sleeveless shirt ( cause the store makes me! haha) buying beer and ice...here it comes....Hi Jeff..You workin today?

+1

Or my favorite . . . Until the end of the year I am assigned to a med rig so at a fire I dont get to do much except answer the question "Is there a fire?" No **** for brains! 30 of us just decided to get all dress up and break out a spare column of smoke we had laying around.

Im in the service and work in Germany right now. One of my buddy's had been on a flight all day and walked into the office. My Sgt (knowing he had been gone all day) looks at him and says"You back from flying?" and he did not pose this question as if to imply he wasnt expecting him back yet. My buddy with out missing a beat "No, your just seeing a holograph of myself, I'll be back in 30 min"

I used to ride a motorcycle, and remember getting the question - do you ride a motorcycle? When seen carrying my helmet. "No, I just fall down a lot. "

That cracked me up...

... Never argue with an idiot. They will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I work in quality control -- and no, I'm not in control of how much quality stuff leaves the building.

I often get asked why something is not being shipped today. The answer is in the disposition report that I gave to you a few minutes ago so I know how to dispose of the part that does not meet our specs.

"I don't read those. Why are these parts late?"

I was behind the counter at an Advance Auto Parts store, wearing a red polo shirt, with the company logo and my name on my chest, ringing customers up. This woman comes up to me:

-Excuse me. Do you work here?:confused:

Dumb_sign.jpg

Just gonna leave this here.

I was behind the counter at an Advance Auto Parts store, wearing a red polo shirt, with the company logo and my name.....

...... and the lady comes in and asks, excuse me, do you sell Castrol GTX? Yes, what weight would you like? I don't want a wait, I am in a hurry.

..... and the guy comes in and asks, do you sell 5/8 heater hose by the foot. Yes it is 75 cents a foot. How long do you need it. About two months then I am going to sell that piece of sh*t.

I just voted at the polling place in my neighborhood, which was the police station. As I'm standing in the foyer, waiting for my wife to finish marking the ballot, some old guy says to me "waiting for the police?". I point to my wife and say "well, sort of." The old guy sort of giggles and asks me the same question again. I smile and walk out the front door with my wife and can hear him say "huh, he missed it".

No, you old bag of worts; I got it. You're just not funny.

So the gf and i are at the mall, we were there debutin my 2011 racecar and sponsors. A few people walk over and ask about the car and tell me how hey have raced for quite a long time and how good thry are. I listen as its polite. ( mind you my family has been racing for 20+ years.) He starts telling me about his car and how he won some races last year at the track i run at. I ask who he is knowing hes full of it. He says well let me show ya my car, heres the best part, says yah this is me the night i won in august last year. I look at the picture and laugh. The ignorant fool had a picture of my car. I ask are you sure thats you, he said yes im such and such. I said really wow, bc thats me and i am Justin. Imbarassed he says nothing, walks away and mumbles how im an *******. He didnt realize i changed numbers and car look.

ForumRunner_20110406_142650.jpg

i love it when people explain to me how to do what it is i'm already doing.

That's not helping, that's narrating. please stop.

So the gf and i are at the mall, we were there debutin my 2011 racecar and sponsors. A few people walk over and ask about the car and tell me how hey have raced for quite a long time and how good thry are. I listen as its polite. ( mind you my family has been racing for 20+ years.) He starts telling me about his car and how he won some races last year at the track i run at. I ask who he is knowing hes full of it. He says well let me show ya my car, heres the best part, says yah this is me the night i won in august last year. I look at the picture and laugh. The ignorant fool had a picture of my car. I ask are you sure thats you, he said yes im such and such. I said really wow, bc thats me and i am Justin. Imbarassed he says nothing, walks away and mumbles how im an *******. He didnt realize i changed numbers and car look.

Best post ever.

My gf said the look on my face was priceless. I was honestly more dumbfounded when he tried.to introduce himself as me when my shirt and the 17ft long race car had my name on it. And i thought i didnt have brain cells to spare.( not that i do)

When someone asks me why I wear glasses, I just tell them the old wives tale is true about going blind and I stopped just in time. :rockin:

Hey- that's my line!!!!

I lost an eye to glaucoma 7 or so years ago. When the subject comes up about how did I go blind in one eye, I say I finally realized my mom wasn't kidding so I had to stop while I still had the one good one.

Back