Stupid Noob Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgraber

Reaction score
Alright here it goes. I was preparing to bottle. I move the fermenter to the kitchen to transfer to bottling bucket. I originally had a blow off tube on it because i was afraid this one due to higher OG was going to clog up my air lock. I removed that and put my air lock on it. I needed the tube for my siphon. When i moved fermenter to kitchen my airlock started bubbling. This is an Octoberfest kit.
I fermented for 2 weeks and cold crashed for 2 don't ask why I don't have to explain. My airlock was bubbling about every second and now it has slowed too about every 5 to 10 seconds. My question is have I screwed my beer up as it should have been bottled last weekend, and is the bubbles just a result of moving the bucket and disturbing the CO, or should I wait and hope for the best.

Most likely just a result of jostling it and co2 coming out of solution

Alright here it goes. I was preparing to bottle. I move the fermenter to the kitchen to transfer to bottling bucket. I originally had a blow off tube on it because i was afraid this one due to higher OG was going to clog up my air lock. I removed that and put my air lock on it. I needed the tube for my siphon. When i moved fermenter to kitchen my airlock started bubbling. This is an Octoberfest kit.
I fermented for 2 weeks and cold crashed for 2 don't ask why I don't have to explain. My airlock was bubbling about every second and now it has slowed too about every 5 to 10 seconds. My question is have I screwed my beer up as it should have been bottled last weekend, and is the bubbles just a result of moving the bucket and disturbing the CO, or should I wait and hope for the best.

The bubbles are probably just off gassing. The beer will continue to off gas as it warms.

Brew on :mug:

Thanks for the help. I fear bottle bombs but not as much as I fear the mess from bottle bombs and the resulting pissed off wife.

Agitation as well as changes in temperature and pressure can cause out gassing. The air lock bubbles aren't a reliable indicator of anything really. If you look around here you can a vide posted that shows an airlock bubbling about 1 per second.... On an empty carboy!

Latest posts

Back