stuck mash....AGAIN!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmoo1302

Reaction score
Hi, been a while since I was able to brew, I received a perforated screen for my mash tun( 10 gal. round Igloo), and tried using it on my brew on Sat. Could not get even a trickle out of my valve when it came time to recirculate, nothing I tried helped, stirring, shaking( more frustration oriented), .....nothing. Talked to the guys at my lbs, and they said try putting your water in, then stir in my grains( same grind as I have used before. Did that today and still nada, what Gives, my homemade s/s sreen works just fine. Even w/ my pump nuttin!!!!!! Any one have any ideas, would hate to disappoint my grandson by not using his gift.

yeah, Im doing a high hop ipa w/ 13.25 grain bill 11# 2row , and the rest split between carapils,vienna , and a touch of chocolate for color. I changed out the perf/ strainer for my tried and true $12.00 s/s screen and she worked just fine, just have to hide it from the grandson. Thanks guys for your help and suggestions,I'll try the bag method w/ the strainer on my next brew.Oh yeah, I grind my grain@ the local hbs , and their mill is fixed @ the same grind , I guess it might be a mite too fine. thanks again.

Back