Stuck faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmj

Reaction score
I've got 2 chrome with brass levers that are always getting stuck after several days of no lever action. What's the deal with that?

Haha, they aren't perlicks are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Cheap faucets. I had probably the same ones and they always stick. I upgraded to Perlick. You should too. I've never had a sticking problem, even with weeks not pulling a pint(which doesn't happen very often).

Those chrome faucets are rear sealing, which means you get a lot of beer sittin there in your faucet, getting all sticky and gross.

its residual beer in the faucet drying up and causing it to gum up. Be careful with the handle, the brass levels tend to be brittle. If they break, replace with SS levers and youll be good to go

Mine do the same thing. I bought a complete keezer so they are probably perlicks. Is that a thing with that brand?

I'm thinking it's residual beer and cheap faucets so, I guess it will be an issue until I replace them.

not so much an issue, just a thing that happens. ive been thinking about replacing mine as well, though. stuck levers are a little off-putting sometimes

I wasn't thinking cheap, but more entry level. When I say entry level I mean I didn't know what questions to ask or what to look for in a product. Personally, I bought a complete setup because I didn't want to put one together. There are numerous bits of kit I have purchased, only later to replace when I had more knowledge / experience. This was one of them it seems. Got no issues, its a learning process (I thought they all did that).

Thanks for the info

Mine do the same thing. I bought a complete keezer so they are probably perlicks. Is that a thing with that brand?

The best thing to do with non-Perlick faucets is to spray some StarSan onto the front of the faucet each evening rear sealing faucets get a little beer in the fronts after use and will stick.

I definitely wasn't necessarily saying cheap. It's just a different design.

I've had really good luck getting a big cup of hot water and getting the end of the faucet into the hot water. Helps break it loose if you can't remove the faucet. I'm hoping to upgrade my faucets in the near future, but I inherited these Chrome ones after my father passed and they've been used off and on for 30 years or so. Just not the best quality or design.

I used to have that problem too, just take them apart and lubricate them with a thin layer of sanitary keg grease. It worked wonderfully for me until I got my perlicks, have not had an issue since..

Back