Stripped Corny Keg Post

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

automobiliben

Reaction score
Well, somehow I ended up stripping the gas post on one of my ball lock corny's, can I chase the threads to save it? From what I can tell there isn't enough room to get a die in there to fix the threads. Any other ideas how to save it?

Thanks,
Ben

Short of welding or silver soldering a new post onto the keg, I don't think it's salvageable. If you could find the correct die, you could try using it backwards (upside down) to chase the threads.

Did you ever figure out a solution to this? I stripped my liquid post (the male part thats attached to the keg). Thought Id be able to buy a dye and retrace the threads, too. Went to 2 hardware stores to try to find a dye, but apparently the thread is neither NPT nor compression fitting, but some unique proprietary thread.

Any ideas how to fix this? Otherwise, any ideas about ways to use this compromised keg and/or its parts?

I was never able to figure anything out. I will most likely just use this keg as a dedicated fermenter.

If you find out what the threads are let me know! Perhaps they are metric?

Afaik, corny keg post threads are never metric. Here are the thread sizes for kegs:

Firestone V Challenger, Firestone VI Challenger, Firestone Super Challenger
Gas 9/16"-18
Liquid 5/8" -18

Cornelius Spartan & Super Champion
Gas 19/32" - 18
Liquid 19/32" - 18

Cornelius R (pin lock)
Gas 19/32" - 18 (2-pin)
Liquid 19/32" - 18 (3-pin)

John Wood 85, Firestone Challenger
Gas 11/16" - 18
Liquid 3/4" - 18

Firestone A, Firestone R, John Wood RA, John Wood RC (pin lock)
Gas 9/16" - 18 (2-pin)
Liquid 9/16" - 18 (3-pin)

Cheers!

Does anyone have any advice on how to go from one regulator to another it requires 1/4 inch pipe with left hand thread and i am having a hard time finding that nipple? Help!

Does anyone have any advice on how to go from one regulator to another it requires 1/4 inch pipe with left hand thread and i am having a hard time finding that nipple? Help!

Check out Western Enterprises, see the manifold section. I'm a little confused buy the need for left hand threads, are you using adapting a fuel gas regulator?

Latest posts

Back