Strawberry Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dand9066

Reaction score
10 days ago I racked half of my NB Amer. Wheat Extract kit onto strawberries. I was going to bottle tonight it tonight. It smells great but the strawberries are looking funky. I'm guessing they are fine and I wasn't even going to post but I figured I would double check to make sure they're not infected. I was sanitary with everything so I'm 99% positive its good.

Your input appreciated.

On a side note my first american wheat kit was really bitter. Today I found one in the fridge from over a month from when it was bottled and boy was it good!

photo.jpg

10 days ago I racked half of my NB Amer. Wheat Extract kit onto strawberries. I was going to bottle tonight it tonight. It smells great but the strawberries are looking funky. I'm guessing they are fine and I wasn't even going to post but I figured I would double check to make sure they're not infected. I was sanitary with everything so I'm 99% positive its good.

Your input appreciated.

On a side note my first american wheat kit was really bitter. Today I found one in the fridge from over a month from when it was bottled and boy was it good!

For my strawberry beers I rack to frozen halves not purée so I can't say for certain but my berries get pretty ugly, almost bleached looking. So I would tend to go with your 99% it's good feeling.

A week to ten days or so. The look of the albino berries starts to freak me out at that point. Nice tart side of the strawberry taste. Picked up a tip from here and I am going to add in a half a pound of lactose with the berries on this next batch. Sounds like it smooths the tartness without adding any sweet flavors. So it might find that balance of tart and berry.

Back