Straight A in dishwasher

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeInCtown

Reaction score
Going to be bottling a batch using new bottles and decided for the first wash to fill the soap dispenser with Straight A Cleanser. Was wondering if you guys would sanitize again, or if you think the straight A wash would be good enough?

Mike

dishwashers are no good at cleaning bottles. they're not designed to spray up inside a narrow mouth bottle.

dishwashers with high heat drying modes are pretty effective for heat sanitizing, AFTER you've cleaned the bottles another way.

Here's what the owner at my LHBS used to tell people, (this is the same icehole who fired me, after over a year) Put a capful of bleach in the bottom of your dishwasher, no soap, and run it on the "hot dry" cycle.

Put your bottling bucket on the counter, full of your beer to be bottled, and grab bottles right out of the dishwasher. You're gonna drip, but you'll drip on the DW door.

I like this idea, even if he was stupider than mud! (Hey, a stopped clock is right twice a day!)

steve

Back