Storing rhizomes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stokems

Reaction score
I just got my cascade,williamette and chinook rhizomes today and I still cant plant for 2-3 weeks. They came in a plastick moistened bag, but I want ot know if anyone knows how to store them til I'm ready to plant. Please!:confused:

I just got my cascade,williamette and chinook rhizomes today and I still cant plant for 2-3 weeks. They came in a plastick moistened bag, but I want ot know if anyone knows how to store them til I'm ready to plant. Please!:confused:

Place them in the fridge till you are ready to plant.

Seems like the guy at Williams Brewing also told me to store them in a bag in the fridge but also to wrap them in a damp paper towel inside the bag. Don't quote me on this though. I'd suggest you give the vendor you purchased them from a call and ask.

I thought that putting them in the fridge was the thing to do. I'll call the hbs that I bought them from to get info from them.

Seems like the guy at Williams Brewing also told me to store them in a bag in the fridge but also to wrap them in a damp paper towel inside the bag. Don't quote me on this though. I'd suggest you give the vendor you purchased them from a call and ask.

Yah, I threw mine in an un-sealed ziplox with a damp paper towel. Three weeks later they're still looking good and ready to go into the ground tomorrow.

Unsealed and moistened is the way to go. Easy and simple with the damp paper towl. You don't want them bone dry but you don't want them drenched with drops of water in the bag.

I had my cascade rhizome in my fridge for over a year before I planted it last year. There was enough moisture in the bag where I didn't have to do anything to it.

Latest posts

Back