Storing Hops in Vacuum Jar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProfX

Reaction score
I'm fixing to begin buying my hops in 4oz quantities online where they are much cheaper/oz. My concern is storing these puppies since I'll probably only use 1-2oz per recipe.

A couple of questions:
1) These hops are frozen at the vendor's location (Farmhouse Brewing), then shipped and I imagine they defrost in transit. Is it OK to refreeze them?

2) Has anyone tried this product. Any reason why this wouldn't work to vacuum seal the remaining hops?

3) If I freeze 4oz of hop pellets, would I be able to remove an ounce or 2 without having to defrost the entire 4oz. In other words, do frozen pellets stick to each other?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
1 - Yes.
2 - I have not used that product but I do use regular mason jars with a vacuum sealer to store my hops. I have hops that are 3 years old that still produce great IPAs.
3 - They can stick together, but it is easy to break them apart so this is not a problem.

Good luck. Also, dont be afraid to buy hops by the pound!

Holter

1) I believe that would be OK
2) I believe that would work
3) they don't stick together when frozen in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back