Stop fruiting the ****ing beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BugleBrew

Reaction score
Sick and effing tired of people ordering beer that needs fruit in order to be drinkable. This is close to the ******* BMC obsession that pisses me off so much. Wait, no, its even worse. Also, don't brew beer with fruit. If you want a ****ing fruity drink, drink a cosmopolitan or some ****. Blue moon with orange? Bull****. Carona with lime? Bull****. Adding a can of freaking blueberries to secondary. effing bull****. You're not drinking a beer. You don't even want a beer. You want a wine cooler. Go drink that **** instead.

I often find that those who get really pissed about this stuff are not really secure about themselves. Who cares if someone likes fruit beer. I suppose you should tell the belgians they don't know how to brew and they should hand over the keys to you???

If you are actually drunk, good rant. If you really mean it, save it for your friends who don't know anything about beer.

Hey man no one is making you put fruit in your beer.

So don't try to make them not put fruit in theirs.

I preach tolerance

dont ever go to belgium, or germany or chek, over here we have a ton of fruited beers. But i dobut the Germanys/Cheks know what they are doing when they make beer.

I don't mind when people put a lime or lemon in their beer. To each his own. What I DO mind is when a bartender assumes EVERYBODY wants their beer like that. I always cuss them out for stuffing a chunk of fruit down the neck of my beer bottle. I tell them if I wanted a salad, I'd have ordered supper.

A lot of bartenders are 22 year old kids who could
give a **** less about beer or service.

I too, hate when they put a piece of fruit in my beer or on the rim of my glass. If the brewmaster wanted it in there, he'd of put it in there......bastiges!

Yea but if they don't give you the fruit wedge, how will you stick it in your mouth like a football mouth piece and smile at people with it?

I had a really good wheat beer yesterday but the bartender tainted it with a lemon. I just took it out...it was still good, but I think I'll go back tonight and ask for one without lemon.

I do have a problem with people putting fruit in their beers, and my problem is this: If you do not have an excellent base beer to begin with, fruit is not going to help it. Beginners should not be throwing fruit in their beer. Learn how to make beer first, get a good recipe down, and THEN add fruit if you'd like.

Sick and effing tired of people ordering beer that needs fruit in order to be drinkable. This is close to the ******* BMC obsession that pisses me off so much. Wait, no, its even worse. Also, don't brew beer with fruit. If you want a ****ing fruity drink, drink a cosmopolitan or some ****. Blue moon with orange? Bull****. Carona with lime? Bull****. Adding a can of freaking blueberries to secondary. effing bull****. You're not drinking a beer. You don't even want a beer. You want a wine cooler. Go drink that **** instead.

I feel the same way, just now so cranky.:D

I guess I have to throw my blood orange hefeweisen out then. Boy.everyone is gonna be pissed. OH NO !! My APFELWEIN !!!:fro::fro:

the reason people started putting lime in corona (in Mexico) was to keep away the flies.

I don't care if there's fruit or not. Although I prefer it without. Not that it taints the beer with lemon, but have you ever seen a bartender wash their hands after handling money? Then they reach in and grab a lemon and put it in your drink...

Blech.

Wait, no, its even worse. Also, don't brew beer with fruit. If you want a ****ing fruity drink, drink a cosmopolitan or some ****. Blue moon with orange? Bull****. Carona with lime? Bull****. Adding a can of freaking blueberries to secondary. effing bull****. You're not drinking a beer. You don't even want a beer. You want a wine cooler. Go drink that **** instead.

I hear you brother. Last fall I made a similar pronouncement about Pumpkin Beers and was roundly jeered. Buncha queers.

The more variety the better!

Now there have not been many fruit beers I have tried and liked but a few have been very good to outstanding.
Brewpastor sent me a raspberry RIS in a swap that was outstanding. No way that beer is a "wine cooler".
I have had several very good fruit lambic/gueze. No not that Lindemann's sour koolaid but real lambics.

As for other fruit beers, just because I don't care for them doesn't mean they are not good beer. However if you don't know how to brew a good beer don't try to brew a fruit beer.

Craig

Most of my "Bud, Miller, Coors, friends" dont like fruit in there beer. Fruit doesn't belong in beer they all say.

Most of my home brew friends will put anything in there beer. I just dont have many home brew buddies, lol.

Fruit doesn't belong in a beer unless it was bottled/kegged with the beer. That's my opinion. However, I could give a rat's ass less what other people drink or how they drink it. :mug:

Hmmm... this forum turned much more into a debate thread and much less into a drunken mumbling thread. My intention was just to drunkenly spout off. I actually like some fruity beer too.

There should be a "too much rational thought" emoticon for the drunken rambling thread.

Hmmm... this forum turned much more into a debate thread and much less into a drunken mumbling thread. My intention was just to drunkenly spout off. I actually like some fruity beer too.

There should be a "too much rational thought" emoticon for the drunken rambling thread.

lol I started a thread in here:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/ever-notice-ones-you-go-all-grain-consumes-you-59640/

It blew completely out of proportion and off subject. People got so pissed off that the Moderators had to delete a bunch of posts and suspend some people. The Moderators even sent me a message and apologized.

Its crazy what can happen.

sourpuss.jpg

I hate it as well when they stuff a fruit wedge on the rim of the glass. Now I make sure when I order my Oberon I tell them to hold the damn Orange wedge.

FWIW - I don't like my beers with fruit either but I don't realy care if other people do. When we have people over I'll usually cut up a bunch of lemon, limes and oranges for drinks. About half of them get thrown in my homebrew. My dad thinks that IPA's are only drinkable with lemon (vomit rising quickly...)
The thing that I hate is when someone brings over a **cking 6'er of Shanty/sunshine/swill, sticks oranges in the **cking bottles. I find them mixed in with my stash of clean bottles, months later, in the basement and I end up chasing fruit fly's around for the next 2 months.
From now on, if people bring over bottles and cans they take them when they leave.

Chris

the reason people started putting lime in corona (in Mexico) was to keep away the flies.

I don't care if there's fruit or not. Although I prefer it without. Not that it taints the beer with lemon, but have you ever seen a bartender wash their hands after handling money? Then they reach in and grab a lemon and put it in your drink...

Blech.

Like, ew, and stuff.

You had to go bringing that up, didn't you? That's foul.

Bob

Back