Stone Ruination

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chriswilkes33

Reaction score
So I just got back from the Flying Saucer (The Flying Saucer Draught Emporium - www.beerknurd.com) and tonight was Stone Ruination night. After 44 oz of this beer I came home and ate chili. I couldnt even tatse the chili. Im a hophead but this beer is just ridiculous. How many pounds of hops go into a 5 gallon batch of this? Anyone else call themself a hophead and actually think this one isnt over the line? I didnt think beer could get this bitter!

Ruination is a great beer, living in San Diego, I indulge regularly. Not the hoppiest beer I've had by far, but a great beer, well balanced with good aroma and hop flavor.

How do you like the Saucer? Got your plate on the wall yet?

No plate on the wall yet. This one just opened in January and I go about once a week. I'm so into my own beer I only manage to go to the saucer on brewery night when they give away a new glass filled with whatever brewery's beer is featured. The saucer is great though. Most waitresses and all the management are great, at least in Austin. I would look for these to start popping up all over the country because the 3 I have been to do a ton of business.

actually, i dont think its all that hoppy...i mean, its great but definitely not overpowering. first time i tried it, i recall not having any taste for a while afterwards but i tried it again recently and nothing. i dont know what gives. regardless, its delicious.

Back