Stone brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shlap

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that all Stone beers taste distinctly "Stoney"?

I'm guessing they use the same type of flavor/aroma hops in all of their brews?

What do you guys think, is it the hops, yeast, or malt that makes a Stone beer taste like a Stone beer?

I have only had a few different varieties but I know what you are saying. Maybe it is just their "house" taste kinda like how everyones house has its own smell. I don' t know I am at work and I' m bored.:eek:

Hell Brew said:
I have only had a few different varieties but I know what you are saying. Matbe it is just their "house" taste kinda like how everyone elses house has its own smell. I don' t know I am at work and I' m bored.:eek:
I'm not at work. I'm at home and I'm a little drunk...:rockin:

They do have a pretty intense filtration system.
I LOVE that the all taste "stoney". It's hard to
notice so much with their really dark beers like
the Russian Imperial, though.

Stone uses the same yeast strain for all of their beers, that's the only thing I know for sure.

Oh yeah, stone 11th anniversary celebration, in 9 days!!

>>>>>first post!<<<<<<

DeathBrewer said:
i think i'm going to grab a beer with breakfast, it being labor day weekend and all :)
Nothing like the looks you get at the grocery store while buying beer and sausage biscuits.:drunk:

Im not speaking with alot of knowledge so bear with me. Most brewerys I believe use a house yeast and are tapped in to local water supply. So it could be a combo of the yeast (mentioned above) and the local water.

No.......Stone has a crazy water filtration system. I think the house yeast might give their beers the same backbone but with my extensive Stone tasting history I think all the beers are distinctively different. I also know they do use alot of the same hops in each brew, but always have a diff hop bill for each 1. I rent out there i v at the bar when i'm there.

Back