Stir Plate 3000 power supply?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

climateboy

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I moved recently and the power supply for my Stir Plate 3000 disappeared. Does anyone know where I can buy another one, or what I could use as a substitute?

Thanks,

CB

[Edit]
Just check this out: http://www.jameco.com/Jameco/content/walladapter.html
[\Edit]

"External 12VDC Power Supply Included - By using an external plug-in 12V DC power supply, we moved one more potential source of heat away from the stir plate. This also makes the power supply user replaceable in the unlikely case that it should fail."

Looks like you need a 12v wall wart. I would or email the company and ask what amperage the supply needs to be able to provide. And you will want to find one with the right size barrel connector.

They should give you that information, from there you could either find one in the electronics bin at Good Will or order a new one off amazon. I like to go shopping for my power supplies at Good Will for a dollar or two a piece.

Pick a wall wart that specifies "OUTPUT: 12V DC XX mA" where XX is what ever amperage the company told you the stir plate required. You can always get a larger amperage supply, but don't go smaller that what's required. And don't deviate from 12V.

For example this is a 9v/150mA power supply which can power 9v devices UP TO 150 milliamps:
img_3398.jpg

Thanks very much. I'm here because I emailed the company and no response. Maybe someone here has the correct power supply and can take a picture of the amperage?

Thanks very much. I'm here because I emailed the company and no response. Maybe someone here has the correct power supply and can take a picture of the amperage?

Sorry, I don't have that stir plate so I don't know. Try calling the company?

You could just stick a 1amp supply in there and see if it works, I'd guess a 500mA supply would do it.

Ok, thanks. Company has no phone number and doesn't return emails!

Posting in case anyone else has the same question:

"Sorry for the late response to your email.

You need a 12 VDC power supply rated at 100 ma (or 1 Amp) or greater. Here is one sold on Amazon that will work with your stir plate.
http://www.amazon.com/Power-Adapter-Supply-2-1mm-CCTV/dp/B00452YFZU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1437800417&sr=8-4&keywords=12v+power+supply"

Back