Still top lid for boil kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sidman

Reaction score
I have seen some still top lids that work for robo brew type equipment. Anyone seen a still top lid that would work for 15 or 20 gallon boil kettles?

This might help you...found it on ebay. Desire fuels creation? Took his pot, drilled it out for mounting 3 clamps. Then cut out his present lid and drilled it and a SS mixing bowl. Mounted the mixing bowl to his lid with sheet metal screws. Cut out the bottom of his mixing bowl for the pot still. Gasketed it all up and good to go.
Mike

Attachments

• s-l1600c.jpg
    s-l1600c.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 245
This might help you...found it on ebay. Desire fuels creation? Took his pot, drilled it out for mounting 3 clamps. Then cut out his present lid and drilled it and a SS mixing bowl. Mounted the mixing bowl to his lid with sheet metal screws. Cut out the bottom of his mixing bowl for the pot still. Gasketed it all up and good to go.
Mike
Awesome,
Thanks!

Mike
Hey where did you get those clamps? Can they be soldered to the kettle or do they have to be bolted in place? Don't want to make my brewing kettle leak!

Thats not my unit nor did i buy the components and build it. That was an image from ebay where some other fella is selling it or units like it. I only placed it here for illustration/teaching purposes to show whats possible. I do know that everything you see there is available on amazon or ebay.
Mike

Back