Still Spirits Boiler for Fermenter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickdude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey group,

I want to see if anyone has done something similar to this and, if so, if they have some helpful hints.

I use a Grainfather for brewing now and I also have a spare boiler I picked up at a discount at my LHBS (it was damaged, but still works great). I use the boiler for heating my sparge water while mashing because I'm usually brewing outside.

Anyway, during the boil, I also boiled about a half gallon of water in the spare boiler (picture below in case you're not sure what I'm talking about). Then I dumped the boiling water out and ran the chilled wort right into the hot boiler, pitched yeast, and sealed it up.

After transferring to secondary tonight via siphon, I started thinking that I could probably put some fittings on so that I could just use the spigot to run into secondary. Before trying to re-invent the wheel, though, I thought I'd check to see if anyone else has done this. If so-- do you have any thoughts to share?

Here's a screen grab of the unit I'm talking about (and I just stuck a stopper/fermentation lock in the hole at the top)--

1607123271153.png

Thanks,

Rick

Back