Still looking for used bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdbrewct

Reaction score
Looking for used glass beer bottles, Amber or green color with pry off cap style, not twist off's. Willing to pick up from you and pay up to 10cents per. Contact me if you have any, I'm in East Hartford but willing to travel in a 50 mile radius.

[email protected]

Thanks guys, I have been trying to do just that but can't keep up. I am at approx. 500 bottles at the moment in my possession, but have the need for at least another 500 more. This year is turning into a epic brewing year so far. Any help is kindly appreciated!

Thanks guys, I have been trying to do just that but can't keep up. I am at approx. 500 bottles at the moment in my possession, but have the need for at least another 500 more. This year is turning into a epic brewing year so far. Any help is kindly appreciated!

Sounds more like you need a keg!

I assume you've put the word out to your friends? I amassed my collection from friends, and dumpster diving at the local recycling center - before they closed :( .

Tell your local bars why you need them, and see if they'd save some for you? (I tried that, but all the beer joints around me sell is 3.2 Whatever Lite twist-offs)

Been to the bars in my area, all the owners say is against state law to give or sell me empties, Local liquor stores all say they don't keep empties. They get smashed in the return machines. I've got word out to friends and family but thought here would be a good place to try as well.

I stopped by my LHBS last week and they had free bottles sitting out in front of the store. There was at least 100 bottles to choose from. Granted, they are used bottles with labels on them, but they are free. :mug:

Been to the bars in my area, all the owners say is against state law to give or sell me empties, Local liquor stores all say they don't keep empties. They get smashed in the return machines. I've got word out to friends and family but thought here would be a good place to try as well.

Where do you live? First I've heard about giving bottles away being illegal. That's crazy.

Back