Still good?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dstpeter

Reaction score
So I went by a garage sale
The other day and noticed a mr. Beer kit, along with empty bottles, caps, and a capper. 10 dollars for everything. Great deal, i couldn't pass on it. Apparently the mr beer kit still has all the ingredients some type of ale. Here's the catch. It's been in his basement since 2009. This stuff can't be useable right? It's all vacuum sealed but still...

The bottles and capper should still be good. I wouldn't trust anything else. Good deal on the bottles and capper though.

I would throw the ingredients out. Mr beer is hit or miss with fresh ingredients let alone ancient ones exposed to all sorts of heat and humidity. If you're feeling lucky you could go for it though. It won't make you sick, it will just taste bad and waste time that could have been spent making good beer.

That's what I was thinking but didn't want to waste it if the ingredients still had a chance to be good. Thanks

Back