stiff racking arm on Brewbucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CButterworth

Reaction score
I am about to make my first ferment in a Brewbucket from Ss Brewtech.

The spigot has been installed as instructed: o’rings on outside only. However, when inpassivated the fermenter, I found that I could not sufficiently turn the racking arm from the 12 o’clock position to the 6 o’clock position in a clockwise direction. In the end, I turned it counterclockwise, at which point the spigot began to leak.

Any ideas? Maybe a touch of keg lube on the o’ring?

Thanks,
Charlie

I had the same issue. It took a bit of trial and error to get the valve screwed on at the right tension so that it can turn without leaking. I did use Keg lube and it helped a bit.

I prefer not to turn the whole valve. What I do is when getting close to the bottom I open the top lid and use a sanitized plastic long spoon to simply push down on the diptube to face downward. It's very easy to move it. Been working fine this way for me for years. And btw, you generally should have it at the 3:00 position (ie. horizontal) during fermentation then simply rotate it downward near the end of draining to pickup the last bit of beer.

Rev.

Latest posts

Back