Steak Dinner.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The simple things are some times the best.

A day walking around the countryside.
A pint by a wood fire in a country pub
A steak dinner with a bottle of 2004 oaked Chardonnay.
Not a bad day.
:mug:

steakdinnerjx2.jpg

48 day hung Sirloin, field mushrooms with leek, creme fraiche and Stilton, garlic sautéed onions an a watercress salad served with Roast Fat Chips in pepper and duck fat.

Impressive as always, Orfy.

You definitely have respect for food and for those who work hard to produce it. Well done!

Going back to olllllo's thread on once in a lifetime experiences. Going to Orfy's for dinner and beer has to be on that list.

orfy said:
The simple things are some times the best.

A day walking around the countryside.
A pint by a wood fire in a country pub
A steak dinner with a bottle of 2004 oaked Chardonnay.
Not a bad day.
:mug:

48 day hung Sirloin, field mushrooms with leek, creme fraiche and Stilton, garlic sautéed onions an a watercress salad served with Roast Fat Chips in pepper and duck fat.

Very nice. how do you rate the beef quality in the UK? I have been to France and have been disappointed with the cut and tenderness ( not however by the flavor of the sauces Bernaise etc... soo good.)

Also has anyone bough any beef from Allen Brothers i( think they are near Chicago ). I hear people freak over their steaks and hotdogs.

It's good if you buy it from a butcher that hangs it and it is brown.
Pink supermarrket meat is crap.
Price is not the best indicator.

The beef I just ate was from a small butcher. I didn't go out to buy it but when I saw it in the window I had to have it. Just look at the open texture. Look at the fat on the raw meat. Now look at the cooked steak, the fat mostly melted.

I let it rest for 10 minutes on a plate of olive oil then poured the juices back over it with small amount of cracked peper and the slightest sprinkle of salt.

Perfection.

As a former chef (who now "cooks" beer), I salute you. Cheers!

Edit: Oh, wow! Post #100. Dedicated to a good dinner! Not what I had planned but it works for me!

Butcher shops are few & far between out here. There are none listed in my phone book. There are a number of meat lockers, but you have to supply the meat.

Back