STC1000 help- odd outlet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebel_scum

Reaction score
So I am wiring up an STC for a kegerator build, and found a nifty 2 outlet plug in with 2 USB ports to run the 2 USB fans I need all in the same outlet.

I use one of these in my fermentation chamber for the same purpose but I have that one wired up to run constantly and I need these to only run when the STC kicks on.

The problem I have is that this particular outlet only has 3 wires running into it:

How can I wire this up to the STC? A normal outlet has the ability to run wires in and then back out on the other side, this one doesn't.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

You need to open that box and wire the 120V supply directly to the USB power circuit, and remove the internal 120V connection that's there.

If you need more detail, you shouldn't fool with it, and find a friend or nephew who knows.

OOPS... I think I misread what you want to do.

Use the STC to interupt the black wire. Run the white and black coming from your plug (left side of your picture) to the power pins on the STC. Cut and splice a third wire from the black wire and run it to one of the cooling pins. Run the black wire from the outlet with USB ports to the other cooling pin. Splice the white wire from outlet into the white wiring going to the power pin.

Excellent! I was thinking along those lines but thanks for the clarification!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Yeah I thought that seemed over complicated for what I was trying to do. Regardless I appreciate the reply!

Hooked it all up and it works like a charm! Thanks again you two!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

By the way that #40 wouldn't happen to be mike "the A train" allstott would it??

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back