STC On but Hot/Cool Outlets Don't Work... Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ApothecaryBrewing

Reaction score
Hey HBT, I just wired up my STC and the unit is working but when I plug an outlet checker into the outlets, nothing lights up. It tells me it is because of an open hot but I have no electrical background and need a little help trouble shooting it.

Below is a diagram of what I did:

wiCz6Ne.png

Due to common cold I only have one wire on that side. None of the wires on the terminals are touching so I don't think it is shorting out or anything. As I mentioned above, the checker says (NO LIGHTS) I have an open hot, but I am wondering if it could be something else as I don't see any open hots.

Did you break the tab connecting the outlets in the side you have 2 wires in? You will need to or both sides will be powered at same time. There is also a 3 minute delay I believe might be 5 from when you turn the unit on before it starts cooling/heating.

The checked shows NO LIGHTS. There is a delay built-in to the unit that needs to expire prior to the outlet engaging. You can check the program F3 but it might be like 3-6 minutes by default. Have you turned it on and left it alone for 5 minutes to see if anything changes?

Also, did you break the brass connection between the two outlets on the OUTLET?

ApothecaryBrewing said:
Hey HBT, I just wired up my STC and the unit is working but when I plug an outlet checker into the outlets, nothing lights up. It tells me it is because of an open hot but I have no electrical background and need a little help trouble shooting it. Below is a diagram of what I did: Due to common cold I only have one wire on that side. None of the wires on the terminals are touching so I don't think it is shorting out or anything. As I mentioned above, the checker says (NO LIGHTS) I have an open hot, but I am wondering if it could be something else as I don't see any open hots.
I also believe you need to run the white wire to the outlet then from the outlet to the number 2 spot. I'm not sure you can just split it as shown in you picture.

I broke the brass tab after some fighting with larger pliers when I initially wired it. I will plug it in and just let it sit for 10 minutes or so before testing it again.

I set the compressor delay to 1 minute for testing and it didn't seem to help.

WIN!

So after leaving it plugged in for a few minutes I guess it got its bearings. Everything is working and I am very excited for my kegging equipment to show up on the door step!

Thank you for your rapid replies and assistance! I love the homebrew community!

Back