STC-1000 wiring issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxtar01

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've wired my 220VAC STC-1000 up according to this diagram:
stc1000.png

However, when I tested with a fan and a lamp, I saw that no power was going to either the Heat or Cool outlets (as well as accounting for the 3 minute delay).
Testing with the multi-meter shows that power is going into ports 5 and 7, but nothing is coming out of 6 and 8 when the unit is heating or cooling.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Not sure if this is germain to an operating problem, but I'm pretty sure the Heating relay is on pins 5-6 and the Cooling relay is on 7-8...

Cheers!

The diagram is the wrong way round, but in essence should work correctly. The issue is the same irregardless.

Regardless.

I agree, even if you had the loads switched, if you have a rational configuration set into the unit, something ought to happen eventually - even if it's the wrong thing.

About all I could advise is to double check your neutral wiring...

Cheers!

Checked the neutral wiring in the Heat and Cool outlets, as well as the neutral on the STC itself with a multi-meter, all appear to be working correctly.

"It's Dead, Jim".

Sounds like you've done all the rational debugging.
Sorry.
Hopefully the replacement will be A-OK...

Cheers!

Apologies for the confusing layout:

RPJ1FYh.jpg

The power cord is laid out as:
Brown: Phase
Blue: Neutral
Green/Yellow: Earth

I've followed the same pattern in my wiring, but red here is Earth as I didn't have any G/Y wiring.

Latest posts

Back