STC 1000 mount in door?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nedrierson78

Reaction score
Has anyone mounted a STC 1000 in a Kenmore 564.93445100 refrigerator? I'm doing a conversion and need some ideas on how to put the temp controller in the door.

Thanks.

Here they are

P1010037.jpg

P1010038.jpg

P1010039.jpg

FWIW / something to think about.

This type of controller is generally rated for a minimum operating temperature of 0deg C / 32deg F. A freezer usually operates below that value. In addition, if your fridge is in a relatively humid environment, water vapor can be drawn into the controller because of the large temperature differential resulting in sweating inside the controller.

The controller runs the unit and it dosent go that low
as for condensation if it gets ruined Ill get another but its been running fine for near a couple years

Thanks for the pics, I'll be doing the exact same thing and nice to see how its done. I'll try and post pics when i get it done.
It looks like you are using it to ferment and have a heater wired up, what are you using? i got a Fermwrap, heard mixed reviews but i think it'll do the trick. The next thing i need is a thermowell.

I wired in a reptile heating ceramic bulb and a small computer fan for circulation

Back