Inkbird ITC308 Temperature controller advice needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImperialStout

Reaction score
Need advice on the Inkbird ITC308 Temperature controller that seems popular here. I have been brewing for years and fermenting in a small refrigerator with a cheap STC-1000 temperature controller. I have had too many failures and am looking to upgrade. What other choices are there in the $50 range? I do not need a remote control unit.

fwiw, the ITC-308 is just $35 from Amazon Prime today (something about a "lightning deal"?)

Even at $50 delivered there really isn't anything so totally plug-and-play as the ITC-308 - and I say that as someone who doesn't even own an Inkbird anything...

Cheers!

Need advice on the Inkbird ITC308 Temperature controller that seems popular here. I have been brewing for years and fermenting in a small refrigerator with a cheap STC-1000 temperature controller. I have had too many failures and am looking to upgrade. What other choices are there in the $50 range? I do not need a remote control unit.

The ITC308 basically does what an STC-1000 does. I have one of the first ITC308s built, and it is still going strong, Never had a problem with it. I don't think there is much else in the application space that is as inexpensive.

Brew on :mug:

I just looked it up on Amazon. The non Wi-Fi model is $28!
I’ve had mine for years and it’s never had a hiccup. Plug it in and forget about it (until you have to change temp).

I have two fermentation chambers and two non wifi ITC-308's.
They have been working for years without any problems, and in fact both are at work doing their job right now.

I have both the standard and wifi models. The probe on the first one I bought recently failed after 5 years, but a new probe is only $9.99. Both work great; I have come to appreciate the ability to remotely change settings on the wifi version. If you watch for deals, you can get it for $30 to $35.

Back