STC-1000 - Any problems?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hennesse

Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems with the STC-1000 temperature controller?

I'm still deciding whether to go with Ranco 2-stage controller (commercial quality), and the STC-1000 (DIY quality?) for my fermentation chamber.

I haven't seen any posts about quality problems (DOA, malfunctioning, short life span) with the STC-1000, so I thought I'd ask the question directly.

Besides any problems, how long have you been using yours?

Thanks,
Dave

I had one unit DOA but now you can pick them up off of Amazon so that shouldn't be an issue. My Ebay seller never got back to me about the DOA unit. I ain't even mad. I have a spare probe. :)

BSD

p.s. I've had several units in use for months with NO problems.

Been using one on my freezer for almost a year. No issues here. I would not hesitate to purchase again.

Never had a problem. I own two and probably will own more soon. I bought a Johnson Controls before I realized how easy/awesome the STC-1000 is.

I have one that has lost a segment on one of the digits. Still controls temp just fine though. I've got a second one on the way for my next project.

I have one and a Control Products. They both are good and work well. The STC-1000 is far easier to program (once you figure the button sequences). I think the STC was even a little easier to wire since everything was a straight shot. The STC is only Celsius so it kind of sucks having to look at a chart before I program it. Overall I like it a lot and no problems yet!

I have a ranco and 2 stc-1000. The ranco is about 3 years old, one stc is 2 years old, and the other stc is about 9 months old. They all work good. I also have a back up stc ready to go if one of the others fail.

I use an STC1000 on my fermentation chamber. I've had it about 6 months so far - no problems. Built a DIY controller from a link on HBT using a project box and a couple outlets and it works great!

Back