Starting Over

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GASoline71

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Man it's been awhile since I logged in. Feels good to be back on. :ban:

Well the last time I posted anything was 3 years ago and we were moving into a new home. Well... time flies and things happen and now it's been 2 moves and we are finally settled into a new home AGAIN! LOL!

Just shy of 3 years ago I had to stop brewing and catch up with life. Sucks I know... but life happens. So I had given all of my brewing supplies to my step-son who moved to California for a while.

Now I am ready to start again, and my step-son has moved back to our little home town here on Whidbey Island, WA and we are going to get after it. But holy cats has the homebrew scene EXPLODED! Wow... so many new fancy gadgets and stuff... makes the way I was all-grain brewing before look barbaric. LOL! But, I used to make good beer that my wife and I and my family and friends enjoyed. I intend to pick up right where I left off.

My only real dilemma now is to get a new keg system set up, as I had to leave my last refridgerator that was set up with taps, back in one of the houses we sold. So... I need to figure that out soon. But I will get a brew in a fermenter soon because that will give me a good 3 weeks give or take to find a new kegerator, or build a keezer.

Gonna sign back up for a premium membership and brew on! Good to be back in the game!

Cheers! :tank:

Gary

Welcome back. I also started back in the 90(s), laid off a while, then started back up three years ago.

I just logged on for the first time in over a year myself. Made a beer last winter, but nothing since. My shiny Kal clone electric brewery is very dusty. I'm getting ingredients tomorrow for a friday brew day, can't wait.

One thing I did was disassemble all my ball valves, pumps, cooler,etc. I had an off flavor in the last few beers I made and judging by the looks of what came out of those valves I think I found the culprit.

Latest posts

Back