Start them young

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm. It won't Degass normally. The yeast won't settle to the bottom, siphoning won't work. I imagine it could be very interesting experiment. Would probably need to be force filtered.

This goes hand in hand with the new season of Masterchef Junior. 9-13 year olds that cook better than many adults. This seems like a natural progression in light of that show,& home brew's current popularity. Really amazing to see kids making something positive out of all the communications we have nowadays.

I would imagine that they would need to hop the heck out of the beer as I seem to remember that in space your sense of taste is reduced. QIPAs anyone?

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effect_of_spaceflight_on_the_human_body#Disruption_of_taste
One effect of weightlessness on humans is that some astronauts report a change in their sense of taste when in space.[49][dead link] Some astronauts find that their food is bland, others find that their favorite foods no longer taste as good; some astronauts enjoy eating certain foods that they would not normally eat, and some experience no change whatsoever. The reason is uncertain, and several theories have been suggested, including congestion, food degradation, and psychological changes such as boredom. Astronauts often choose strong-tasting food to combat the loss of taste.

A space ipa. That would be quite the task. Would have to be a barley wine too? Would that effect the alcohol? I wonder how it would taste on earth. If I read correctly, the experiment is for the reactions for in space as well as on earth to compare the differences. Volunteers anyone? :)

Back