Starsan bottle has a crack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the bottle itself leaking, or is the lid cracked? A cracked/separated lid is much more and much too common actually.
I never had trouble with the bottles myself, but the lids gave out. Then just used different lids.
Definitely store those bottles upright!

What size bottle is it?

32 oz bottle but I'm sure it's years old.

Attachments

• C9D2E494-8933-4BEC-9536-517F4C8542A2.jpeg
    C9D2E494-8933-4BEC-9536-517F4C8542A2.jpeg
    674.6 KB · Views: 20
32 oz bottle but I'm sure it's years old.
Judging by the color/darkness of the concentrate it's a few years old. But just as good.

That's not a large crack. I wouldn't worry about it. My guess is it's from squeezing the bottle.

Are you really using the measuring dispenser? If not, @Jag75's fix is by far the easiest:
Or tape it if it isn't that bad of a crack

I use 1/2 oz of Star San in 2.5 gal of water per batch. I usually save it in milk cartons just for 2 weeks till I keg and then toss it. This costs me 40 cents per batch. I paid 80 cents per ounce for my last 32 oz bottle which will last me 64 batches.

I am a cheapskate but I definitely don't worry about saving Star San and then wondering if my next batch will be properly sanitized with old sanitizer just to save 40 cents :).

I use 1/2 oz of Star San in 2.5 gal of water per batch. I usually save it in milk cartons just for 2 weeks till I keg and then toss it. This costs me 40 cents per batch. I paid 80 cents per ounce for my last 32 oz bottle which will last me 64 batches.

I am a cheapskate but I definitely don't worry about saving Star San and then wondering if my next batch will be properly sanitized with old sanitizer just to save 40 cents :).
Great point, and I have already purchased more. ;-)

Latest posts

Back