stalled fermenting - champagne yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sa101

Reaction score
hey guys!
I've just racked my 1 gallon batch to a secondary after 11 days of fermenting. OG was 0.054, SG was 0.01 4 days in a row so I racked.
What should be my next step? Im not really chasing anything in particular, as it's my first experimental batch, but at the same time I don't want it to sit for months on end. After 11 days it still smells and tastes pretty funky, definately nowhere near drinkable, unlike my other batch were I used S-04.

Any suggestions? Should I keep it in the secondary for a few weeks, then bottle?

Cheers

I let mine set and forget about them (I also have a cellar and can do this - stays about 55 degrees). They only get better with age. I like using the yeast from my stouts to make Cider. Sounds funny but taste good as he(double hockey sticks). I don't think you can go wrong just be patient. My Raspberry skeeter pee has me by the balls right now. Good stuff and hard to fudge up.

Back