Stainless Tie Wraps for IC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwb445

Reaction score
I bought 100ft of SS tubing and made one 50' HERMS coil and one 50' IC. The HERMS coil will stay in place with the compression fittings, but the IC needs something to bring the coils tighter together.

I was thinking of using some SS wire, but found harbor freight has SS zip ties. Has anyone ever used/thought of using SS zip ties to secure the coils tight??

Thanks guys - I've never seen SS tie wraps before, but when I saw them, I thought it would be a good fix; and sanitary!

Thanks guys - I've never seen SS tie wraps before, but when I saw them, I thought it would be a good fix; and sanitary!

Very cool! I've never seen them before either. I'll have to keep an eye out for those.

I'd be careful about the "sanitary" thing... There looks like plenty of little places for gunk to build up. But what the heck! You're boiling anyway, right?

Strip some 16 gauge solid copper wire from some 3-wire in-home wire stuff from home depot or lowes and use that. You can buy it by the foot at the home stores. I did that and my immersion chiller is still tight and effective.

Latest posts

Back