Stainless steel table without a top

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfrisby

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone come across a stainless steel work table without a top? I intend to get the unfinished butcher block tops from Home Depot and finish and seal it, then add it to the top of a SS base for a work surface and a second as a brew stand.

Thanks for any help.

Kinda sounds like it, but I imagine there's a shelf involved as well.
I honestly don't see a market for topless ss tables, though. I think someone's gonna eat a top...

Cheers!

Basically, the SS table with shelf that you see on webrestrauntstore.com. The ones that come with a wooden top are kind of pricey vs the SS top.

At this point, I’d buy one with a SS top, remove it, add the butcher block top and screw it in from underneath and it would be cheaper than the ones that come w/ the butcher block top.

We’re talking a savings of $100 per table or so. Not a big deal unless someone already knew of a source.

Although, jonnyrottens costco option is purdy.

I'm curious. Since you're eliminating the easy-to-clean elements of the SS top, why is it important that the rest of the table be SS? Is it in a "public" area of the house so that it needs to look nice? If so, that's a legitimate issue, and I get it.

But if it's just a brew table....why the need for SS legs? Why not just make a base out of 4x4's or 2x4's and go from there?

Here's a pic of my bench. This isn't how it's actually set up, but it shows the basic idea. It works fine, is cheaper than SS would be:

rimstest2.jpg

I like the waterproof aspect of SS and the ease of hosing it off. I also think a finished wood top looks nicer and less “commercial” than a SS table top. Part of this is ease of cleaning, part of this is asthetics to get swmbo’s approval of this whole project.

To your point of looking nice, personally, I think finished wood looks nicer than SS.

Latest posts

Back