Stainless Hose Barb Fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopHead10

Reaction score
Can you purchase these at commercial supply stores like Home Depot, Ace, or Lowes? Don't want to drive to my LHBS 30 miles away...

I've found it fairly difficult to find stainless hardware at my local Lowe's. I haven't tried Home Depot, but another plumbing supply store, that I go to for many opther products, also doesn't carry a good assortment of stainless hardware. I'm nowhere near you, but just thought I'd share my lack of good fortune. Hope things are different for you. I want to be able to do some of these things on the cheap too, and the LHBS doesn't really make that possible.

Not usually ... If you could, they would be ridiculously expensive ... bargainfittings, brewhardware, brewershardware, etc. are the way to go for stainless fittings

Okay ordered the hose barb fittings now have a 10.5 gallon kettle and a ball valve with silicone tubing attached to the hose barb.

What else should I get if I'm going to be doing full boil extract batches? Eventually I will want to go to all grain. I have a wort chiller made for a ~ 3.5 stovetop kettle

Thought about the hop screen but won't it be awkward putting an immersion chiller sitting on top of that?

This is the valve:

image-3214994956.jpg

And this is the kettle...

image-940538524.jpg

Back