St peters golden ale tips

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewcrackers

Reaction score
Has anyone done this kit? I am new to home brewing and first time bottling my brew. Any tips on priming bottles?

Drinking- woodfordes wherry

Fv-St peters golden ale

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Home Brew mobile app

Hi, I haven't made this specific kit, but I have to ask, where did you find it?!! I have been looking for St Peter's kits without success (I'm in Canada).

As for bottle priming, I always use the priming calculator at tastybrew.com, just input your parameters to get the amount of priming agent to use (It will give results in various sugars so you should be able to find a calculation for what you are using). It's been reliable for me.

As far as the priming process I always batch prime instead of doing each individual bottle. I bring 2 cups of water to a boil on the stove and add in the priming sugar to dissolve, let it all cool down to the same temp as the beer, then pour into the fermenter and stir very gently to distribute it. This gives me very even carbonation. Some people swear by the carbonation drops too, but I haven't tried those.

Good luck!

Hello thanks for the tips will give it a go. I only live 20 minutes from St Peters Brewery but I got my beer kit from brew UK I don't know if you can order from UK.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Home Brew mobile app

Damn, I thought I finally found a source! Next time you pass by the brewery would you mind asking them to start selling their kits in Canada?? haha ;)

If I order online they cost a fortune to ship and might not make it, so I will have to keep on waiting.
Hope the ale works out!

I also batch prime and I've never had any problems. I've tried the carbonation drops. They do work well but I found them a bit of a gimick and not really worth the extra expense.

I've just got hold of 4 dozen swing top bottles so I've brewed an easy drinking blonde ale using Belgian pilsner malt, a touch of cara pils and Willamette hops to put in them. I usually cornie keg most of my beers.

Back